Oil & Fuel oil leaking

/ oil leaking #1  

TomsSuperA

Tractor
farmall super a
I have a mccorick farmall super A I'm not sure on the year hoping someone might be able to tell me that and also I have a some kind of oil leak coming out that looks like a casting hole ? I put 3 pics on here to look at. I just got this tractor and dont know much about it

Attachments

• 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    208 KB · Views: 521
  • 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    208.3 KB · Views: 473
  • new house 002.JPG
    new house 002.JPG
    208.4 KB · Views: 473
   / oil leaking #2  
More then likely the axle seal in the transmission case side. #26 in the lower right hand corner.

Super A Trans and diff.gif

/ oil leaking #3  
And looks like your dog has a lot of faith in the hydraulics on that tractor..!! LOL...

/ oil leaking
Thanks DJ54 that digram is great help I have another ? for you can you tell me by the pic about what year my tractor is or what years of parts that will interchange.Also looking for a good web site to get seals and bearings.
Don't think she cares just found a cool place to lay.lol

/ oil leaking #5  
No way,at least for me to tell the year from the picture. There should be an aluminum tag under the left seat support, with the serial number stasmped on it. If you Google Farmall Super A, more then likely a hit from TractorData will appear. They usually have the SN's listed with years. Super A's were built from '47 to '54.

As far as parts interchanging, I'd guess from the torque tube back, most parts will interchange from an A. I'm thinking the engine, radiator, and hydraulics were the only difference.

Pretty easy to check if you take a few moments to go to Case/IH: Case IH Agriculture Equipment & Farm Tractors

1. Select "parts and service" in the menu at the top of the page.
2. Scroll down to "search for genuine Case IH original parts" You will see in small red letters, "search for parts" Place you cursor on the small red letters, and left click.
3. On the next page that appears, you will see a space to type in model. In your case, type in "Super A".
4. There will be a drop down menu appear, select the top one, Farmall Super A. there will be another drop down menu with the various components of your tractor. Click on one, and a exploded view will appear as like I posted. Below that will be a list of the part name, and the part number.

As far as bearings and seals. I usually copy and paste the bearing, or seal part from the page as you will be looking at. I then go to NAPA online NAPA AUTO PARTS paste the part number in their search window. Then be sure and click on the interchange, above and to the right of that window. Results should show a bearing, or seal,and a part number.

I have had good luck ordering bearings and seals from JBR. JBR 17 LLC Copy and paste the part number from NAPA into the search block at top left at JBR. Tough to beat their prices, but takes about a week to get the parts. Most tapered roller bearing are offered with cup/race as a set.

Sounds like a lot of hassle, but after doing it a couple times, it's a piece of cake...

Hope this helps..!!

/ oil leaking #7  
More then likely the axle seal in the transmission case side. #26 in the lower right hand corner.

View attachment 269437

Before you go and start pulling the axels, trans, etc to find that leak...I have question...When was the last time you changed the trans gear oil? Reason I'm asking, is if its been a bunch of years/or you don't know, you may have a couple of quarts of water sitting in the bottom of your trans/diff.....which will raise the gear oil level to the top of the seals....which then makes it appear that the seal is bad...suggest a gear oil change may be what you should try first...if you do let is set for a couple of days then slowly take out the drain, see if water comes out first.....if it does, its probably your culprit...BobG in VA