ZD331 Greasing Schedule

/ ZD331 Greasing Schedule #1  

Happyman

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota Grand L 3940
I'm enjoying my new ZD331! However, I have been cover to cover in the owner's manual and can not find any recommendation for greasing intervals. I know where all the zerks are, but how often should I feed the zerks? :confused:

/ ZD331 Greasing Schedule #2  
Take a look under the hood!

/ ZD331 Greasing Schedule #3  
I have a relatively new ZD331-72 and grease schedule is in my owners's manual which is over in the barn. I'll take a look this afternoon but I believe it say's once a day (commercial use) which is about every 8-10 hrs.

/ ZD331 Greasing Schedule #5  
I have a relatively new ZD331-72 and grease schedule is in my owners's manual which is over in the barn. I'll take a look this afternoon but I believe it say's once a day (commercial use) which is about every 8-10 hrs.

Yep, that's pretty standard across all equipment. Every 8-10 hours "of use" and 1 1/2 - 2 pumps per zerk.

/ ZD331 Greasing Schedule #6  
I'm not wanting to hijack this thread, but you have a grease gun that WORKS? Never seen one.

/ ZD331 Greasing Schedule #7  
And what might it tell me....under the hood? Hopefully how often I should grease?

There is a chart that is under the hood that gives you your schedules as well as capacities. Although it does say daily on the greasing I still would round it back out to about 8 hours on the machine.

/ ZD331 Greasing Schedule
Thanks! I'm at 10 hours so I'll grease it before the next "fun" is scheduled. And yes, I have 2 grease guns that work! One is the old standard pump type and the other is battery powered with a flexible hose. Great for reaching in to those tight places.

/ ZD331 Greasing Schedule #9  
Confirmed as promised. Exactly what I and others have said. Good luck with your new ZD331.

/ ZD331 Greasing Schedule #10  
LOL, ain't that the truth.

Really regret letting my old gun go with my IH706 all those years ago.

Think I have used up a dozen or so since then. My friend who does truck service has an Alemite that seems to be bulletproof, but spending almost $350 for a grease gun is something I have yet to find a way to justify to myself

I'm not wanting to hijack this thread, but you have a grease gun that WORKS? Never seen one.