Tiller Tillers - Maschio vs. Howard vs. Befco

/ Tillers - Maschio vs. Howard vs. Befco #1  

Maurice

Bronze Member
Tractor
New Holland TC45D
Has any one compiled something similiar to this for other implements, maybe including material thickness and such?
I think it would be a great help in finding other manufacturers of like products.

Interesting contraption on the back of the unit /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif Maybe this would help the the fella with the clod problem?

link here

Only bad thing is it takes a lot of time and effort to do something like this for several attachments /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/ Tillers - Maschio vs. Howard vs. Befco #2  
Interesting read. Part of the article states: " </font><font color="blue" class="small">( We recommend 3/4 hp per inch of tillage width as a minimum horsepower requirement. )</font>".

By those numbers, the absolute maximum size tiller for my B2910 would be about 40"...and that's assuming they're referring to engine hp, not PTO hp. That number seems a bit conservative to me.

~Rick

/ Tillers - Maschio vs. Howard vs. Befco #3  
I agree with Rick. I have a 54" tiller on my YM2220D rated at around 25 h.p. (depending on who you talk to). I've never needed more h.p. for tilling, and I do some custom tilling.
For whats its worth.

Jim