New(old) sa200 lincoln

/ New(old) sa200 lincoln #1  

bobcat1bobcat1

Tractor
kubota
First off great website, been lurking on here awhile.Alot of knowledgeable folks on here. Anyway I bought a 60' sa200 that had been sitting for 3 years. Drug home, put on a battery, and it started and welded(bad gas and all). Anybody know the weight of engine oil it runs. Plugs (gaps also). Is there a chart somewhere for this engine? It says L200 on the engine. Thanks in advance.

/ New(old) sa200 lincoln
Shieldarc, Where are you?

/ New(old) sa200 lincoln #3  
I run Castrol Heavy Duty 30-W in all my SA-200s. I also run Denso L14-U spark plugs set at .025 I think, I'll confirm that in the morning when I go out to the shop. Do your self a favor do not run Champion spark plugs!

You should be able to find anything you want to know about SA-200s from these sites.;)
Bill's Welder Repair Home, welder repair,welder parts, warranty, torch repair, regulator repair, gauge repair, Lincoln Electric, Miller Electric, Hobart, Victor, Smith, Purox, Rego, Harris, Thermal Dynamics, Thermal Arc, Airco, torch, regulator repai
Home page
STUMPF WELDING SUPPLIES INC. SINCE 1952
Lincoln Welder Repair Parts|SA 200

/ New(old) sa200 lincoln
Thanks , Thats a good start for me

/ New(old) sa200 lincoln #5  
I didn't have to walk all the way out to the shop, my books are just above my head on the shelf. See what happens when you get old!:rolleyes:
Yup, gap the plugs at .025.

lets see some pictures of the old girl!:thumbsup:

/ New(old) sa200 lincoln
Thats why I asked for you, cause your the man! Thanks so much!

/ New(old) sa200 lincoln #7  
A lot of good reading in the SA-200 section of the AWS forum. You can post a specific question, and most likely Kaye Sellon, (Bill's Welding Repair) will see it and help you out. She is very knowledgeable with these old machines. If by chance she doesn't know the answer, she will ask her dad Bill.

SA 200

/ New(old) sa200 lincoln
Problems Now! I put new plug wires, changed the gas, changed the oil, and a couple of oil lines. Then I tried to start and it ran( spitting and sounded bad). Now I changed the wires around and cant get it to start.The firing order says 1342( with 2 being towards the engine fan. I;m guessing. My question is on the FM mag where is 1 and so on. Which direction would you go? I must have the sequence wrong on the plug wires because it ran fine before I did anything. Help I am confused. thanks

/ New(old) sa200 lincoln #9  
...............................:)

Attachments

• SA200FiringOrder.jpg
    SA200FiringOrder.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 8,709
   / New(old) sa200 lincoln
Thanks Shieldarc. Still nothing, but gas spitting out carb. Starter drags real bad, and I think that's part of the problem. Ordered new starter from Bill's today- so I will keep you posted. Thanks for the info