Compact help

/ Compact help #1  

tmiller

Bronze Member
Tractor
Ford 8n Massey Ferguson 255 Massey Ferguson 265 NEW!!! Mccormick CX75
Looking at a compact for a Uncle. I sell alot of older farm equipment and farm alittle so I was the one he came to for a idea.
He wants something small
Im a massey fan but i dont personally own anything this small so i need help...

Looked at the massey 22.5 hp
had 4wd a loader and a mower for 11,250 NEW! seemed like a good deal.

He liked the small size how it could fit in his small garage.

Know i dont want a minhindra or brandson or cub cadet

Questions now

**That massey said it used a 3cy diesel is it a yanmar?
**The new holland 30 boomer, is it close to the same dementions and where are they made and what engine do they run? (I assume it merriors the case IH as they are both CNH tractors.)
** Kubota, what would be close in size to that massey and do they use kubota diesel engines?

Thank you for your help. That massey seemed like a good deal even tho its jap. And ive always liked the bigger massey's run alot of the 2 series ( 265, 285 also 1100 doin hay) so i was assuming they would be close in performance? thanks. taylor

/ Compact help #2  
Looking at a compact for a Uncle. I sell alot of older farm equipment and farm alittle so I was the one he came to for a idea.
He wants something small
Im a massey fan but i dont personally own anything this small so i need help...

Looked at the massey 22.5 hp
had 4wd a loader and a mower for 11,250 NEW! seemed like a good deal.

He liked the small size how it could fit in his small garage.

Know i dont want a minhindra or brandson or cub cadet

Questions now

**That massey said it used a 3cy diesel is it a yanmar?
**The new holland 30 boomer, is it close to the same dementions and where are they made and what engine do they run? (I assume it merriors the case IH as they are both CNH tractors.)
** Kubota, what would be close in size to that massey and do they use kubota diesel engines?

Thank you for your help. That massey seemed like a good deal even tho its jap. And ive always liked the bigger massey's run alot of the 2 series ( 265, 285 also 1100 doin hay) so i was assuming they would be close in performance? thanks. taylor

The boomer 30 is made by LS and the engine is a Mitsubishi design.

/ Compact help #3  
$11,250 seems too cheap for a GC2400 with FEL and MMM. Perhaps the person who quoted that left out an implement. I do believe that the GC series subcompacts are iseki. If it really is that cheap buy it before he comes to! Good luck in your hunt for the red tractor.

/ Compact help #4  
the gc 2400 massey is a great tractor it has a iseki diesel i own the gc2300 and it is one of the best small tractor i have ever owned you can't go wrong with it

/ Compact help #5  
What does he plan on doing with it?

/ Compact help #6  
It seems like a great price. The HP is a bit on the low side. Another 5 HP would make it a bit more handy.