Ford YT16-G Wiring

/ Ford YT16-G Wiring #1  

rkm117

Tractor
Ford yt16g, 2006 mtd yardmachine
Im in dire need of some help here, ive had this yt16 for a while and when i broke it down i realized that the previous owner did some absolutly crazy stuff with the wiring in this thing. If any of yall have a working yt16G and could take picture or do a video of your wiing set up it would be greatly appreciated, im sure im not the only one that would benefit from it. Here is a pic of my ratts nest
527754_10150919587768143_144893212_n.jpg[h=3][/h]

/ Ford YT16-G Wiring #2  
Is this a problem you found working on it or are you having a problem affected by the wiring mess?

/ Ford YT16-G Wiring
its a combination of both, the previous owner re-wired the electric clutch and mixed up some of the other wires too. i got the wiring figured out though, new issue is: a standard lawn tractor battery will not turn her over. i need to jump it with my truck but when i engage the electric clutch to start the blades its dies. do these things need a truck battery to run or is there some kind of ajustment i need to do with the clutch? its a 1985 yt-16g (jacobson build) if that helps.

/ Ford YT16-G Wiring #4  
when i engage the electric clutch to start the blades its dies.

Check the belt that goes to the blades and also be sure you can turn the blades by hand. (BE SURE THE TRACTOR IS NOT RUNNING WHEN YOU DO THIS)