Bushhog 2615L Height Adjustment

/ Bushhog 2615L Height Adjustment #1  

KnuckleDragger

Bronze Member
I have one of the older designs of the 2615 batwing. The primary difference between my old version and the newer is that the height adjust cylinder on the new is at the back of the deck. Mine is at the front. I am lacking a users manual and need to determine how to adjust the minimum and maximum height. Basically, its low is nearly scalping, and its high is about 10". I want it higher.

As far as I can tell, I need to crank a turnbuckle that is that is attached between the deck and the neck. In order to do so, it appears that I need to remove the turnbuckle bolt, jack up and block both the front and rear end, extend (retract?) the cylinder, and crank the turnbuckle until the turnbuckle aligns with its pin bolt again.

Does anyone out there have an older 2615L (or similar) that can confirm this operation? Or perhaps have a manual they would be willing to sell?

Thanks,
Chris

/ Bushhog 2615L Height Adjustment
After do some light reading and thinking this over, I think I am attempting the wrong adjustment. It appears the turnbuckle might be front to back pitch adjustment to compensate for differing drawbar heights.

If this is correct, how can I safely raise the attachment height of the drawbar? (I am using the fixed drawbar that is centered under the PTO).

/ Bushhog 2615L Height Adjustment #3  
Put taller wheels on the back, or make the rear lift higher by some other means, then use the long adjustable rod you mention to level the cutter.
If your tractor drawbar has a vertical offset, you may be able to flip the offset up, but watch the PTO shaft for interference.

/ Bushhog 2615L Height Adjustment #4  
The turn buckle is only to the set the front to rear angle of the cutter, it should maintain that angle as you raise or lower with the cylinder.