which one

/ which one #1  

daddyin92

Tractor
John Deere L118
Looking to up-grade to a zero turn which should I get the John Deere Z245 or the John Deere Z425 or the Husqvarna RZ 4623 or something from the Toro line of Z turn mowers

/ which one #2  
Personally, I won't not buy the Husqvarna, have had nothing but bad luck with them. However I have a John Deere, commercial grade 2006 717A with 190 hours on it and a few upgrades. I'd sell for $4200, but I won't drive it to you! :). But either way stick with a Deere!

/ which one #3  
More money, but I am looking at Scag, I think it's a better mower

/ which one #4  
I would recommend a John Deere commercial mower(not big box store) but I would also look at Dixie Chopper

/ which one #5  
I have a z465 which is a great mower. If your lawn is rough the machine bounces all over the place which doesn't give a great cut. If you slow down your fine.Other then that it awesome. Good luck in your hunt for the right machine for your needs.

/ which one #6  
I think it depends on how much you are mowing. I set out to buy a SCAG or Exmark a few years ago and ended up with a JD 425. The main reason I changed my plans was because of looming layoffs at work, but when I really got to thinking about it a commercial mower was hard to justify for an acre and 30 hours per year of use. I then started looking at residential models and went to get a Exmark residential model and ended up bringing the JD home. There were things I liked about it better than the Exmark residential and the SCAG residential was about $1,000 more.

Do I wish I had bought a commercial, yes, but just because I like heavy duty well built machines. But for the money I have used mine 4 years and have 100 hours on it without any problems (two droughts have kept the hours down a little). An hour of use per week it is just hard to justify a $7,000 mower when a $4,000 is doing a good job and is going to last a long time in that situation. Pick the machine to match the work I guess is what I am saying.