john deere 4600

/ john deere 4600 #1  

musselmark

Silver Member
Tractor
'05 NH TN75DA
I am looking at buying a 1999 john deere 4600 with 460 loader. It has 3200 hours, is this high or is there lots of life left in it. It was owned by a golf course. Also could I expect it to lift pallets with 1500 lbs up 7'. I also want this for blowing snow. Would this be a good purchase, it is selling for $12000.00

/ john deere 4600 #2  
Is a large frame tracor so the height and weight of your lifting req should be do-able with the proper ballast but the price seems a tad high to me. I would hit some of the online advertisers like tractor house or machine finder for some comparisons.

/ john deere 4600
What about the hours, is 3200 a lot or is there lots of life left in something like this?

/ john deere 4600 #4  
I would think that your question would involve several important factors. (1) If the tractor was properly maintained, and (2) If the tractor was abused in regards to the personal using it. Just my thoughts. Best wishes.

/ john deere 4600 #5  
I have been around quite a few used golf course machines and "typically" they live a little better life than the avg tractor. As posted though abuse, maintainence, etc is important. I do believe that 3000 on any color compact is an above avg hour mark for personall use but in the comm world they see this kind of hour mark and more on a regurlar basis. New large frame cuts can easily run 2 and 3 times the 12k figure.

/ john deere 4600 #6  
I have a 2000 JD 4700 with 6031 hrs. the only major thing I've done to it up too this point is a front main seal in the engine. I just lost the rear wheel drive this past week and will be taking it in too find out whats wrong. Don't be afraid of the hrs. as long as it was taken care of.

David