Bradco 511 Swing Cylinder

/ Bradco 511 Swing Cylinder #1  

bindian

Tractor
Mahindra 6520 4WD
My 2007 511 BH has a leaking swing cylinder. Anyone have any experience with removing one? Or can it be rebuilt while installed on the backhoe?
hugs, Brandi

/ Bradco 511 Swing Cylinder
Well, I never continued this thread. I bought a swing cylinder rebuild kit and rebuilt the left cylinder. Fast Forward to September, 2015. My right swing cylinder started seeping. Instead of buying a kit, I took the seals and orings to my local hydraulic shop and bought replacements. Mahindra/Bradco kit was $80 something dollars. Hyd. shop price was $24. A big difference. This time I took photos, but forgot to take photos of the assembled rod before installing it. Total time was about 2.5 hours. 9-5-15 Steering Cylinder Rod.jpg9-5-15 Steering Cylinder Rebuild.jpg9-5-15 Steering Cylinder Rebuild Finished.jpg9-5-15 Steering Cylinder Guts.jpg9-5-15 Steering Cylinder Bore Open.jpg
My gland nut wrench is hard to use, as your really need 3 hands.9-5-15 Gland Nut Wrench.jpg So after I break the nut loose, I use large channel lock pliers to turn the nut on and off. Thus the roughed up paint.
hugs, Brandi

Last edited:
A few weeks before rebuilding the swing cylinder, I rebuilt the dipper stick cylinder. It was a lot easier to rebuild, as the larger bore made it easier to install the new poly pak seals inside the gland nut. I messed up the poly pak seal on the swing cylinder and almost got it in, when the inner o ring popped out. I took the gland nut to the hyd. shop and the owner straightened up what I messed up. Anyway, I forgot to take a few rebuild photos of the dipper stick cylinder rebuild also..........8-22-15 Old Dipper Stick Cylinder Orings & Seals.jpg8-22-15 Dipper Stick Gland Nut.jpg8-22-15 Dipper Stick Cylinder After Rebuild.jpg8-22-15 Bad Dipper Stick Cylinder Wiper Seal.jpg
These seals and o rings cost $36. I also needed help installing the rebuild rod and gland nut assembly into the bore.
hugs, Brandi

Next cylinder will be the bucket curl. It always has a drip under it now. I will do it in a few weeks. Then I can stop putting a bucket under it when parked in the barn. The cylinder that is gonna be a chore is the boom cylinder. It also has drips on it's lower end. This cylinder is also all up inside the boom. I promise to do more picture taking when I tackle these rebuild.
hugs, Brandi

/ Bradco 511 Swing Cylinder #5  
Nice work.. thx for sharing :)

/ Bradco 511 Swing Cylinder #7  
The hydraulic shops I know of in New England price there services like they were servicing NASA, not us poor farm types. One I know of won't even respond to a walk in, only regular customers. If I knew of a good hydraulic shop, I'd ship my parts to them and still most likely save time and money

Hydropower Hydraulics ............Conroe, Texas (936) 760-2536. Call them and see if they will ship new seals and orings to you.
They rebuild anything hydraulic. Hoses, pumps, control valves.
Merry Christmas hugs, Brandi

/ Bradco 511 Swing Cylinder #9  
Hydropower Hydraulics ............Conroe, Texas (936) 760-2536. Call them and see if they will ship new seals and orings to you.
They rebuild anything hydraulic. Hoses, pumps, control valves.
Merry Christmas hugs, Brandi

Merry Christmas, Thank you.
I sure hope it is awhile before I need any more hydraulic repair. It is nice to have my bigger tractor running, if it is only plowing snow now.
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...5344-upsized-hydraulic-clyinders-loaders.html