Found a John Deere #5 Sickle Mower

/ Found a John Deere #5 Sickle Mower #1  

hunterbrooksfarm

Tractor
New Holland TC35
I just moved into my new place, While out exploring the back 40 I found a John Deere #5 sickle mower in a bush(bush was growing through/around the sickle Mower) A quick investigation found that all the parts are there and its not rotted out. I've been looking for a sickle mower for a while now, and with finding this one is like winning the lottery. It still has the wooden grass board and the wooden I believe the wooden pitman(which will need to be replaced, but at least I have the old one for a pattern. The knives still have serations on them, and the bar doesn't look like its bent. I will post pictures of it as soon as I get it pulled out of the bushes/trees. Would this be worth restoring this winter??

Thanks

/ Found a John Deere #5 Sickle Mower #2  
is it a 3pt hitch type? or pull behind (like sickle on a trailer tires?) or does it fit up under the middle of tractor like a belly mower?) or does it have specific mounts for rear end of unknown old tractor?

it all depends on how it mounts to tractor.

/ Found a John Deere #5 Sickle Mower #3  
I just moved into my new place, While out exploring the back 40 I found a John Deere #5 sickle mower in a bush(bush was growing through/around the sickle Mower) A quick investigation found that all the parts are there and its not rotted out. I've been looking for a sickle mower for a while now, and with finding this one is like winning the lottery. It still has the wooden grass board and the wooden I believe the wooden pitman(which will need to be replaced, but at least I have the old one for a pattern. The knives still have serations on them, and the bar doesn't look like its bent. I will post pictures of it as soon as I get it pulled out of the bushes/trees. Would this be worth restoring this winter??

Thanks

I restored an old Massey Ferguson 31 sicklebar mower a few years ago (3pt hitch, 7-ft cutter bar). Put about $200 in new parts (sections, guards, belts, nuts and bolts).

/ Found a John Deere #5 Sickle Mower
Haven't had a chance to get back down in the back 40 as its been raining here for the last 2 days. Finally some much needed rain, all though not enough to really get us back on track. Anyways, the sickle mower is a 3pt hitch style, old 3pt hitch , looks like it clamped on or somehthing, and it has a single wheel in the back. No its not steel, its rubber so someone paid extra to have a rubber wheel put on back in the day. pretty cool.