Where does "lawnmover" come from?

/ Where does "lawnmover" come from? #1  

bcp

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2360
It seems every week there are one or two "lawnmovers" listed on Craigslist. The word often appears in the text of the ad, too. And the "w" and "v" are not even close on the keyboard.

/ Where does "lawnmover" come from? #2  
I see your from WA, well here in LA (lower Alabama) we have a lot of guy's selling their wenches. I always wonder if their wife knows about the add :laughing:

/ Where does "lawnmover" come from? #3  
Since a "v" is half of a "w" maybe the mower is only half there? :D

/ Where does "lawnmover" come from? #4  
Any one want to buy me weebarrel?

/ Where does "lawnmover" come from? #5  
Any one want to buy my weebarrel? or how bout my wheelburro?

/ Where does "lawnmover" come from? #6  
On CL at any one time, you will find wheel barrels, latter racks, step latters, scrape medal, frigerators, traylors and hydrolic stuff.

All a product of our fine pubic skools.

/ Where does "lawnmover" come from? #7  
On CL at any one time, you will find wheel barrels, latter racks, step latters, scrape medal, frigerators, traylors and hydrolic stuff.

All a product of our fine pubic skools.

I like to refer to them as government schools, saying public makes like it sound like we, the public, have a say. As a parent with a 6th and 10th grader, school choice won't come soon enough, but hopefully it will someday

/ Where does "lawnmover" come from? #9  
Perhaps the writer is of German heritage? :)

You made me chuckle, I've known Germans who speak English very fluently, but the w and v will trip them up sometimes. Going the other direction, I always remember it by knowing that VW (like the car) is pronounced "fowvey" in German.

/ Where does "lawnmover" come from? #10  
Maybe it is a sod cutter? ...for literally moving the lawn?