Buying Advice Tractor with Loader advice looking at Ford 3910

/ Tractor with Loader advice looking at Ford 3910 #1  

gatordog

Tractor
1980 MF 280, 1979 IH 684
I am going crazy looking for a tractor with a loader. I am looking for a 40 to 60 hp machine that can run a 5 or 6 foot cutter and has a loader that can be used for lifting various items like concrete pipes, removing cactus, hauling dirt, etc. I found a Ford 3910 with a loader for 9,750 with only 458 hours on the machine in Wylie, TX. The tractor looks good, but it is to far for me to go check out. Is that a good price and has anybody here seen it?

I am also looking at new machines, but so far have only called Massey. What would y'll recommend for me to look at, I need about a 50 hp tractor and I don't need 4 wheel drive since I live on flat land. I will like to stay away from the China stuff. I also need all the implements, and trailer so the package deals would be good for me.

FYI, I live in Deep South Texas, next to Mexico.

/ Tractor with Loader advice looking at Ford 3910 #2  
if i were you id check out kubota case what you choose is the tractor that fits you if you are look at new you need to get some seat time on different makes and models that will be the biggest help of all check out the l4600 and the mx4700 and mx5100 kubotas there a basic tractor i would look at the case A series as well cases compacts are over priced the A series is more of an AG tractor and take a look at the mahindra line of tractors too happy tractor hunting

/ Tractor with Loader advice looking at Ford 3910 #3  
My father in law has a 3910 without the loader. He does all kinds of things with it from 5' shredding, moving large round bales, post hole digging, box blading, and square bailing. He has larger tractors, but you can't beat these old Fords for day to day stuff. These Ford diesels have been around a long time and are good tractors. As with anything used, you just have to check it out based on how it was treated by the previous owner. Check Tractor House for price comparisons.

/ Tractor with Loader advice looking at Ford 3910 #4  
I seen the tractor your talking about on tractorhouse it looks like a nice older tractor by the photos. For doing alot of loader work I like having the 4x4,no matter level ground or not its just nice to have...

/ Tractor with Loader advice looking at Ford 3910
Thanks for the advice about the 4x4, everybody says you need it. I found a Ford 4600 with an Allied loader for 8,950.00 after shipping and adding a cutter I will be out 10,000. Which is funny because the Tractor sold for 9,700 new back in 81. I might just buy a new Tractor, keep it for 20 years and then sell it for more money LOL.

I am really leaning to buy a New tractor with a loader, cutter, maybe one of those package deals for 15,000.

/ Tractor with Loader advice looking at Ford 3910 #6  
You never mentioned how big your place was. How much weight you plan on picking up? Yeah the descion on buying a used for 10grand or a new Kubota L3800 package deal with mower and trailer for around 17,is hard to beat if you can do everything with a slightly smaller than the 40/50hp you were talking about. The smaller tractors especially if 4x4 are tough tractors and can do alot. I had a 46hp Kubota(M5040) with 4x4 and man that thing was a work horse. Im not real sure about the lift capacity on the small units but guess its just gonna depend on what you wont to be picking up safely. I mean buy the time you buy used for 10 add a mower and trailer your going to be close to that 17 mark but like the one I traded in it was still a great tractor and maintance was done every 50hrs but never know,lol.

Dont get me wrong I am not trying to talk you into a 4x4,just saying moving dirt and stuff its nice having the front tires helping....

And if going to be doing alot of loader work the shuttle shift is really nice...

/ Tractor with Loader advice looking at Ford 3910
I am on 400 acres, but I don't farm it. The land is leased to a Farmer and it is all row crops, but there is several acres in brush and grass that needs maintenance. I will use the loader to move dirt and road material, maybe pickup old concrete pipes. I am replacing a 8N, but I don't like the compacts since they just seem to small to last. I say they had New Hollands T1510 30 hp 4X4 with a loader for 15,995. I will check out the Kubota. What brand should I avoid? I hear that the small John Deeres are not so good.