Offsetting Scraper Blade

/ Offsetting Scraper Blade #1  

94BULLITT

Tractor
yes
What is the best way to offset a scraper blade, with a screw jack, a sliding linkage? I know the screw jack is slower but it is infinitely adjustable. I don't want a hydraulic cylinder.

/ Offsetting Scraper Blade #2  
sliding linkage.

How could you possible not want hydraulic offset? Perhaps you mean your tractor doesn't have the capability to use hydraulic offset?

/ Offsetting Scraper Blade #3  
Are you asking because you are considering a purchase???

Or are you asking because you want to modify an existing blade??

The slider seems easier and simpler to do if making a modification. But off-setting the tongue part is how most of the heavier blades do it. Not sure how you would use the jack screw??

/ Offsetting Scraper Blade #4  
This is how mine offsets. Move two bolts on top and three plow bolts on the bottom.

Attachments

• OffsetBlade1.JPG
    OffsetBlade1.JPG
    636.2 KB · Views: 574
   / Offsetting Scraper Blade
Are you asking because you are considering a purchase???

Or are you asking because you want to modify an existing blade??

The slider seems easier and simpler to do if making a modification. But off-setting the tongue part is how most of the heavier blades do it. Not sure how you would use the jack screw??

I currently have a blade that has a screw jack. I may purchase a blade that has a sliding linkage. I am going to sell my old blade and I don't know what to keep.

/ Offsetting Scraper Blade #6  
How is the jackscrew set-up for the offset?? got any pics??

Personally though, I havent seen a slider that would handle what your 4240 could dish out. Short of spending some big $$$. Those "common" ones like everythingattachments sells, I dont like. I had one and saw the flexing just under light use with my much lighter L3400. I got rid of that blade before I destroyed it. But it was just one of them good deals on c-list that I grabbed it for $80 and had no trouble selling it for $300. It was a 7'er too.

I would not put one of those slider blades on it, they belong a B or BX. I am looking at a woods HBL-84. The offset is controlled by sliding linkage. Here is a link to picture (see page 4) look at the left side of the blade. Here my current blade it is a tuffline GB4-72.

IMG_20120912_125605.jpg

/ Offsetting Scraper Blade #8  
I see now. A sliding linkage and not one like this Tractor Slider Scrape Blades | Free Shipping within 1,000 miles!

I like that tuffline blade:thumbsup: It looks stout.

I really dont think it will make any practical difference. They would both be strong. The slider is quicker but fewer adjustemts.

Actually, if you got the slider and decided you didnt like it, you can just buy a turnbuckle and convert back without spending a fortune.

Are you wanting to got bigger?? 6' up to a 7'??

Yeah 6 to a 7 so it will cut the tracks out angled. I got the tuffline for the Bobcat now I need to upgrade. I only offset the tuffline 1 time to see how far it would go.

I got the blade. It is barely used and always kept inside. I feel I got it at a good deal. Now I need to sell the tuffline.

IMG_20120912_194855.jpg

IMG_20120912_194831.jpg