BX Radiator drain pigtail

/ BX Radiator drain pigtail #1  

RobertCramer

I just put a short lenght of tubing on to the drain nipple on the bottom of my BX radiator and ran it thru the frame a bit to a valve on the other end. I will now never have to go thru the painful flushing of the radiator again. This makes it very easy.
Bob

/ BX Radiator drain pigtail #2  
Great idea that I may implement. I'm due for another flush/fill myself but for now, I will stick with what I did last time by removing the lower radiator hose and removing the undocumented block plug.

/ BX Radiator drain pigtail #3  
You can do the same thing on your car too.

/ BX Radiator drain pigtail #4  
Great idea that I may implement. I'm due for another flush/fill myself but for now, I will stick with what I did last time by removing the lower radiator hose and removing the undocumented block plug.

Can someone point out where this undocumented plug is - in the middle of changing antifreeze on my bx2360 as we speak!

/ BX Radiator drain pigtail #5  
Can someone point out where this undocumented plug is - in the middle of changing antifreeze on my bx2360 as we speak!

I just looked at mine and did not see a drain. The bottom radiator hose would be the easiest way to drain it, just don't give yourself a bath.

/ BX Radiator drain pigtail #6  
That has been undone. Will that drain the system sufficiently?

/ BX Radiator drain pigtail #7  
That has been undone. Will that drain the system sufficiently?

That will drain the rad completely but there will still be some in the block. I don't see a drain on the block. You may want to flush the rad with some water. Be sure you purge the system when you refill it.

/ BX Radiator drain pigtail #8  
   / BX Radiator drain pigtail #9  
Thanks. It is too late :) I added about 1 gallon 50/50 Fleet Charge from TSC and distilled water. There was some green coolant left, from the block obviously. I will check using a test strip and adjust accordingly.

/ BX Radiator drain pigtail #10  
Thanks. It is too late :) I added about 1 gallon 50/50 Fleet Charge from TSC and distilled water. There was some green coolant left, from the block obviously. I will check using a test strip and adjust accordingly.

Sorry I did not see it. I was running out to the building looking for it but with the side panel on it is hard to see.