Stump grinder for 3 pt hitch

/ Stump grinder for 3 pt hitch #1  

Gmbbruno

Tractor
Kubota 4340
Have 60 plus stumps new to ten yrs old. Really want to get rid of these. Have a 4300 series Kubota. Anyone with opinions and experience with them.

/ Stump grinder for 3 pt hitch #2  
Do a search on "grinder" in this forum and you will get several threads with a good bit of info on them.

/ Stump grinder for 3 pt hitch #3  
I have a Shaver SC-25 Stump Buster (for up to 35 HP@PTO). It was about $5K new. I would consider renting something to grind 60 stumps. You could grind those in one week-end, easy. I looked at several types and felt this brand was the heaviest-duty among the smaller grinders. LINK

/ Stump grinder for 3 pt hitch #4  
I have a Shaver SC-25 Stump Buster (for up to 35 HP@PTO). It was about $5K new. I would consider renting something to grind 60 stumps. You could grind those in one week-end, easy. I looked at several types and felt this brand was the heaviest-duty among the smaller grinders. LINK

Honestly, for 60 stumps, it probably would be cheaper to rent one, unless you have a lot more growing awfully fast

/ Stump grinder for 3 pt hitch #5  
I own a Woods grinder and have ground about 1100 stumps with it so far. Also have rented equipment (25 HP Self-contained grinders). Over 1600 stumps all told. For 60 stumps I'd rent.

Lots of variables for time.....depending on wood species, diameter and height of the stumps. But I could take out up to 200 pine stumps a day with rental equipment. I grind mine to 8" depth or so (I can run my tiller over the ground when done). More with my tractor and grinder.

/ Stump grinder for 3 pt hitch
As much as I'd like having a grinder a few hundred on a rental means I can buy a good wood splitter with what I'll save. I thank you for you good advice.