Loader 1964/65 IH 504 4cyl Diesel

/ 1964/65 IH 504 4cyl Diesel #1  

Bogey679

Tractor
1964 International 504
I have an issue with the hydralics on my little 504. I had a hyd leak at my controllers a few years back and replaced it and after a couple of years started to lose my brakes and lifting and tilting ability on the loader. I bought a rebuilt primary pump from a dealer as the shafts were bad on mine and replaced the primary and the old secondary which was fine as farm as they could tell. Replaced the filters and yesterday fired the old girl up for the first time since and no difference. No brakes and the loader will tilt ok but slow and the loader will lift a little but as she warms up it all goes away. Is there a relief valve in the system that could have failed or fouled? The loader runs straight off the tractor not using its own pump. It used to run great now it runs like me:laughing: Thanks for any ideas. Mark

/ 1964/65 IH 504 4cyl Diesel #2  
I have an issue with the hydralics on my little 504. I had a hyd leak at my controllers a few years back and replaced it and after a couple of years started to lose my brakes and lifting and tilting ability on the loader. I bought a rebuilt primary pump from a dealer as the shafts were bad on mine and replaced the primary and the old secondary which was fine as farm as they could tell. Replaced the filters and yesterday fired the old girl up for the first time since and no difference. No brakes and the loader will tilt ok but slow and the loader will lift a little but as she warms up it all goes away. Is there a relief valve in the system that could have failed or fouled? The loader runs straight off the tractor not using its own pump. It used to run great now it runs like me:laughing: Thanks for any ideas. Mark

sounds like you have s blown hydro pump that needs rebuilding or replacing again.

/ 1964/65 IH 504 4cyl Diesel
Its a brand new rebuild and took a long time and $800 to get I am hoping on the relief valve that could be under the seat Maybe???

/ 1964/65 IH 504 4cyl Diesel
Its a brand new rebuild that took months and $800 to get I am hoping for a fouled relief valve

/ 1964/65 IH 504 4cyl Diesel #5  
then there has tobe a stuck valve somewhere.