Front-End Loader Lookin for loaders

/ Lookin for loaders #1  

gravydog

Tractor
ford 1600
What brand or at least who makes a front loader for a Ford 1600 tractor. And how difficult is it to put on and take off??

/ Lookin for loaders #2  
Bushhog

Model# 2247xx
And how difficult is it to put on and take off??
Non of them are what I would call easy.......

/ Lookin for loaders #3  
My advise...
Go to your nearest dealer and get quotes for a loader that they stock that fits your tractor...
I purchased a Stol FC350 last year from my New Holland dealer and I have been tickled to death with it...
In addition to Stol, they also carried Amsung, Bush Hog and New Holland of course...
The Stol was lower in cost than either Bush Hog, Amsung, or Hew Holland...
No issues at all in 1-1/2 years of service...
The labor for install was $250...
IMHO, very reasonable considering the low price of the loader...

/ Lookin for loaders #4  
Like the man said a Bushhog 2240 or 45 or what ever the number is.
But be warned. Its a small 2 wd tractor with a standard hydraulic pump made in the late 70s to mid 80s. You might be front end heavy and slow to lift.
If you put a loader on it get the lightest possible to do your work. A bushhog 2245 Koyker 150 or 160 or something similiar.
Theres a lot of new bracketless loaders for sale that are cheap 600 to 1500 but theyre made to mount mid mount not braced to the front end.
Brackets are the problem, then accessing your hydraulics.
Unless you Love the 1600 trade for a slightly bigger tractor with loader on it.

/ Lookin for loaders #5  
A Westendorf loader is the easiest to take on or off without tools, stands or even a slab of concrete... See Video of complete hydraulic power mount. The TA-55 loader is a fit for the Ford 1600 - you can use the loader selector online to research the fit.

Attachments

• NH-FORD-1600-2WD-TA-55.jpg
    NH-FORD-1600-2WD-TA-55.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 1,038
   / Lookin for loaders #6  
Just curious what you guys think, I know this is an old thread. I was quoted $5200 for a new bush hog loader for my 1720 ford.

Should I keep shopping?

/ Lookin for loaders #7  
Sounds about right for a tractor that size if that is installed. I was quoted between $4400 and $4800 installed on a smaller kubota. I think they were Koyker or Woods. That was installed by the dealer. There are a lot of variables in the pricing depending on what your tractor already has though.