48" Grapple, Which One???

/ 48" Grapple, Which One??? #1  

rwork

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota B6100 LS R3039H
Well, I've decided I need a lightweight grapple for my LS R3039H. There have been some really good threads, in regards to grapples. I'm certainly going with a 48", as I'm sure that's the way to go, based on a number of recommendations on the forum. I'll be using it to grub out some roots, as well as moving brush piles.

What I can't decide on, is which to purchase. I'm considering the Wildkat 48, and also the Palletforks.com, which I believe is Titan Skid Steer. I've heard some issues in regards to the QA pins not engaging enough, to issues with the top tubing being too thin.
Any experience you'd like to share?
Thanks

/ 48" Grapple, Which One??? #2  
I have used my Wildkat econo hard and it has been very good. CJ

/ 48" Grapple, Which One??? #4  
Also check out the Wildkat 48" mini rock grapple. I am probably buying that one as soon as I confirm a proper fit.

/ 48" Grapple, Which One??? #5  
Also check out the 48" North American Implements (Gator). Made in USA, well built, good customer support, well priced... I bought the 60". :thumbsup:

/ 48" Grapple, Which One??? #6  
My Markham/Gator/North American Implements 48" is decent overall, but I had major problem with the fit on my SSQA as it would pop off since the mount was not quite designed correctly to fit all minor variations of the SSQA mount. Once I got that fixed, I have been very happy with it. Customer service on that issue was not great. I have no idea how they are now as NAI. I got mine during the Gator phase of ownership.

/ 48" Grapple, Which One??? #7  
Ditto-Wildkat is a great value.

/ 48" Grapple, Which One???
Any fit issues with the Wildkat? What about lack of grease fittings,has this been a problem?

Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

/ 48" Grapple, Which One??? #9  
You may want to read this thread. Unfortunately it sounds like the WildKat had a major price increase.

/ 48" Grapple, Which One??? #10  
Mine did fit loose but 2 plates welded on for shims fixed it. You could bolt them on if you don't have access to a welder. There is no way unless you were commercially using it that the lack grease fittings would matter. There is not alot of movement and even if it did get loose you could replace the bolt and fix most of it. To let you know what I do with mine, I'll cut a tree and grab the butt end and drag it out of the woods to be cut up. I also will cut 8'-12' logs and grab them by the end and carry them out so alot of stress on the bottom of the grapple and clam. No issues yet. The bottom has maybe 1/2 to 3/4" bend in it with a big log in it. That impresses me. I also have fabbed sides for it to carry firewood, it is almost 8' wide and 3' deep and will carry 3/4 or so of a face cord. It has been a good unit, call them for price. CJ