Gravely 526 Flywheel for 8HP Kohler

/ Gravely 526 Flywheel for 8HP Kohler #1  

Gary C.

Tractor
Yanmar 2000 & Yanmar 1610
Hi, I'm working on a Gravely 526 walk behind tractor for a friend that had a bad rattle in the motor. Turns out the flywheel is cracked on either side of the crankshaft hole. Anyone have a used one laying around please let me know. It's for a Kohler K181 series with a spec. #30675D. A new one is way more than the tractor is worth. Thanks!

/ Gravely 526 Flywheel for 8HP Kohler #2  
Hi, I'm working on a Gravely 526 walk behind tractor for a friend that had a bad rattle in the motor. Turns out the flywheel is cracked on either side of the crankshaft hole. Anyone have a used one laying around please let me know. It's for a Kohler K181 series with a spec. #30675D. A new one is way more than the tractor is worth. Thanks!

Welcome to the high prices of Kohler. Sometimes Kohler is insane with their parts prices.

Most of the time, cracked flywheels are caused by over torquing the flywheel nut or lubricating the bore or shaft when installing. That is a pretty common flywheel.

Ebay is you best bet. Gravely didn't use anything special so any flywheel for the same engine will be fine.