Anyone have a "pail tipper" for 5 gallon bucket ease of use?

/ Anyone have a "pail tipper" for 5 gallon bucket ease of use? #1  

sixdogs

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota M7040, Kubota MX5100, KubotaL4300, Deere 790 TLB, Farmall Super C
These are available from a number of places for about $55. I thnk Northern Tool sells them but not Harbor Freight.
Anyone have one and do they work?

31ZxOJ1xahL__SL500_AA300_.jpg

I'm just tired of trying to dump a five gallon pail of whatever into my machinery and this looks so easy.

/ Anyone have a "pail tipper" for 5 gallon bucket ease of use? #2  
Ive used them for solvent. Yes they work in that case, but I wonder if it would for your application. The base is pretty large so you would need a suitable place to put it on your tractor. Now, if you set up whatever fluid you were wanting to use in the tipper on a workbench, then dump it into a smaller secondary container it would work for your uses.

A secondary container like this :DAM3320027.jpg

/ Anyone have a "pail tipper" for 5 gallon bucket ease of use?
Yes, that's my plan, set it on a bench and use it to fill a gallon container. Seems like it would be so much easier to pour some oil out.

/ Anyone have a "pail tipper" for 5 gallon bucket ease of use? #4  
You might want to take a look at this. It is certainly less expensive if it will work for you:

Pail - Harbor Freight Tools pump

I have tried those over the years andrtuled them out. The thing gets all dusty when not in use and there is no practical way to keep it clean and keep that stuff out of my engine. It's also not fast enough and this one doesn't look durable enough. For me, dumping from a clean container into a clean used gallon oil container will work the best. These "pail tipper" things look so logical and I wonder if no one knows about them or I'm just a rube stumbling into a junk product. For me, the $50 spent is worth the aggravation of no more spilled oil or awkward situations where the bucket won't fit.

/ Anyone have a "pail tipper" for 5 gallon bucket ease of use? #6  
Home depot has a little battery powered pump that works awesome. My wife and I use it to fill the lawn mower. It is powered by a "D" cell battery and is pretty fast. It will work on any fluid. I have a couple of them. I have used them on water, gas, diesel and oil. The last one I bought cost me $10. They are in the lawn and garden section.

/ Anyone have a "pail tipper" for 5 gallon bucket ease of use? #7  
Yes, that's my plan, set it on a bench and use it to fill a gallon container. Seems like it would be so much easier to pour some oil out.

It will work fine then. And yes its much easier and neater.

Only thing is I cant speak to the quality of the Northern unit. The ones Ive used were different.

OK, I just ordered the one shown in the first post. Must not be a lot of users of these things but it seems like it would make life a lot easier. Oil is cheaper in five gallon buckets and when you're done you have the bucket.

Vestil - Manual Pail Tippers

I'll give an update when it arrives, hopefully next week. Actually, this would be an easy project to make.

/ Anyone have a "pail tipper" for 5 gallon bucket ease of use? #10  
Home depot has a little battery powered pump that works awesome. My wife and I use it to fill the lawn mower. It is powered by a "D" cell battery and is pretty fast. It will work on any fluid. I have a couple of them. I have used them on water, gas, diesel and oil. The last one I bought cost me $10. They are in the lawn and garden section.
What is the GPM on this little gem?