DR Power Equipment Vacs.... Anyone have one?

/ DR Power Equipment Vacs.... Anyone have one? #1  

PapaPerk

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota L3830, Ford Golden Jubilee, 1939 Sears Economy, Polaris Ranger 400, Honda Foreman 450 ES, 2004 Dodge Diesel 3500
Thinking about getting a pull behind vacuum for picking up leaves. Anyone have one? If so what do you think about it? The DR models are very expensive. Not sure they are worth it! :confused:

Thank you!

:D

/ DR Power Equipment Vacs.... Anyone have one? #2  
I have one of the older models, i use it commercially. From what I can see the newer models are cheap junk. If only a company would come out with a nice decent machine. I would not care at all if it was more expensive than other company's, but they are all trying to be the most inexpensively priced. So there for you get them cutting corners any way that they can. I think the name is Pecco, they look like they make a decent unit but the blower housing is made of aluminum so it easily cracks if a rock or something accidentally gets picked up. Thats what people have been saying.. I wish Cyclone made a unit with a hard shell and not a cloth one.

/ DR Power Equipment Vacs.... Anyone have one?
I have one of the older models, i use it commercially. From what I can see the newer models are cheap junk. If only a company would come out with a nice decent machine. I would not care at all if it was more expensive than other company's, but they are all trying to be the most inexpensively priced. So there for you get them cutting corners any way that they can. I think the name is Pecco, they look like they make a decent unit but the blower housing is made of aluminum so it easily cracks if a rock or something accidentally gets picked up. Thats what people have been saying.. I wish Cyclone made a unit with a hard shell and not a cloth one.

Thanks for the input... maybe I should look for used.

/ DR Power Equipment Vacs.... Anyone have one? #4  
Agrimetal makes some very high quality commercial duty leaf and debris vacuums. They are a little pricy but as natem was implying, you get what you pay for! They ship free within 1,000 miles of Newton, NC.

/ DR Power Equipment Vacs.... Anyone have one? #5  
I recommend the Cyclone Rake. Have had one since 2004 with no issues. Very well made for the price, which I think is reasonable, and they have outstanding customer support. Do a search here for more opinions. They have a 3PH hook up for SCUTs/CUTs. Just putting mine together today for fall cleanup.

Cyclone Rake Lawn Vacuum Systems

/ DR Power Equipment Vacs.... Anyone have one? #6  
Re Cyclone Rakes..... A canvas covered frame with a Briggs engine, middle of the road model $1500.00. This would be reasonable ? Guess I live in a different world as I can see no way these components add up to that quality or price. They would not advertise as much if their product was selling to residential customers in large numbers. I have seen one so far at a residence. The owner said it worked good but was very expensive. Just my 2 cents.