K46 tranny problems needs some solid advice

/ K46 tranny problems needs some solid advice #1  

rccitgo99

Tractor
JD LA 145
I replaced the motor,pump & filter put everything back together and the axles turn in opposite directions even when I try to use the tow release it has no effect they still turn in opposite directions The motor spacer is on When I removed the pistons for forward & reverse two little silver discs(possibly some type of screen or spacer)fell out I think they come out of the pistons so I put htem into the pistons rods Iwould appreciate any & all advise on what to do Thanks

/ K46 tranny problems needs some solid advice #2  
Try JD Parts for an exploded view, or Tuff Torq.

/ K46 tranny problems needs some solid advice
Thanks but they don't have an exploded view just a parts list Don't know why but Tuuf Torq doesn't have one of the K46 just the 61 & another type neither are similar to the K46

/ K46 tranny problems needs some solid advice
I did everything the way he did but maybe when I was putting it back together I had the tow release or something in the wrong position I appreciate your help. Wish I could find a diagram of the whole tranny including the valve body and the postion of the levers

/ K46 tranny problems needs some solid advice #6  
check over at mytractor forum. you may get what you need there.

/ K46 tranny problems needs some solid advice #7  
When the wheels turn opposite directions, is it jacked up and off the ground? Are you turning a wheel by hand and see the other one spin in opposite direction? If so that is probably normal.

/ K46 tranny problems needs some solid advice #8  
heres a pdf diagram for a k46v

Ray

Attachments

• k46v.pdf
    376.3 KB · Views: 134
   / K46 tranny problems needs some solid advice #9  
Try JD Parts for an exploded view, or Tuff Torq.
Hi William,
Do you know which model of JD shows an exploded view of the internal parts of a K46 in JD's parts catalogue?

Many thanks.
Neo