Traction Using a disk harrow with a Mitsubishi MT372?

/ Using a disk harrow with a Mitsubishi MT372? #1  

murrayhljr

Tractor
Mitsubishi MT372
I'm considering purchasing a Mitsubishi MT372 Lawn tractor to do food plot maintenance on my hunting lease. The biggest reason for purchansing the tractor would be to disk up the plots using a disk harrow. In looking at the service manual for the tractor I noticed that it is a front wheel drive. This has me a little concernend that the tractor would not be able to pull a disk harrow. Does anyone have experience using the MT372 (two wheel drive) with a disk? Any feedback would be appreciated.

/ Using a disk harrow with a Mitsubishi MT372? #2  
My MT372 is not front wheel drive. It is rear wheel drive and pulls pretty good. How well it works probably depends more on the size of your disk.

/ Using a disk harrow with a Mitsubishi MT372? #3  
The tractor weighs roughly 1200 lbs (w/o operator). It's pulling force will depend greatly on the surface it's on obviously, but a good rule-of-thumb is that on "average" soil, it can pull about 1/2 its weight before losing traction. Maybe this can help with a decision if you can find out what the disk harrow requires. These are always interesting questions since the only way to know for certain is to try it out if possible otherwise you'll need to resort to these "rules-of-thumb." My experiences have been always to error on the bigger-tractor side of things if you can. It is really interesting to see how big a piece of equipment (heavy) you need to directly pull out tree stumps - people tend to underestimate this horribly.

/ Using a disk harrow with a Mitsubishi MT372? #5  
Does the tractor have Ag tires or turf tires? Also what size disk? If it has Ag tires and you load the tires or add wheel weights you might be OK as long as you also don't go too big with the disk. Turf tires will disappoint.