My john deeres new ride...

/ My john deeres new ride... #1  

denverdave66

Silver Member
Tractor
2012 John Deere 1016, FEL, 60"MMM
Thanks for everyone's advice. The only way I was going to be able to find a trailer with double brakes is buy a new one. Actually, I saw used ones with only 1 axle brake and 4 slick tires and busted boards for only $400 less than what I bought a new one for. When people say they have a used trailer they are not kidding they are well used! This is a 16' Doolittle 84" wide and double electric brakes.

10-10-12 006.jpg

Last edited:
   / My john deeres new ride... #2  
Your link is not working.
Doug

/ My john deeres new ride...
I don't know what is wrong, I have tried uploading the pic in every format any ideas?

/ My john deeres new ride... #4  
Works for me. Nice trailer! Your truck is a classic, too.

/ My john deeres new ride...
Thanks for the compliment on my truck. It is a 1986 Chevy 4x4 and does not have the original motor has a 327 bored out and a 4 barrel Holly on it, has headers on it too. Needless to say the gas MPG is not too great and pulling a trailer will be even worse. I should have washed the mud off before I took a picture of it. It needs a little body work done on the rocker panels but overall it is in good shape. My 14 yr old son "thinks" dear ol'dad is going to give it to him when he turns 16. If he can afford to keep the gas tank full I might let him have it, but a 11 mpg it cost $65 to fill it up!

10-10-12 006.JPG

/ My john deeres new ride... #6  
Thanks for the compliment on my truck. It is a 1986 Chevy 4x4 and does not have the original motor has a 327 bored out and a 4 barrel Holly on it, has headers on it too. Needless to say the gas MPG is not too great and pulling a trailer will be even worse. I should have washed the mud off before I took a picture of it. It needs a little body work done on the rocker panels but overall it is in good shape. My 14 yr old son "thinks" dear ol'dad is going to give it to him when he turns 16. If he can afford to keep the gas tank full I might let him have it, but a 11 mpg it cost $65 to fill it up!

View attachment 284489

Don't worry about the MPG, its likely not your daily driver, but perfect for towing your deere around. When your kid gets the truck he'll learn things don't come free. Nice looking truck.

Your right about the used trailer thing. I bought a used trailer from a dealer, I had to replace all four tires after a year and a half. For that price I could have bought a new one. Oh well live and learn.:confused3:

/ My john deeres new ride... #7  
Forget the trailer, look at that truck!

/ My john deeres new ride... #8  
DT86 said:
Forget the trailer, look at that truck!

I agree very nice, but dont wash it to good gotta have a little bit of mud on her!