JD 6400 electrical problem. please help.

/ JD 6400 electrical problem. please help. #1  

drrelaxx

Tractor
kubota b1700HST
Greetings
My 6400 is acting weird electrically. I was having problems starting it; and now experiencing electrical problems.
my rear lift arms wont move, no A/C blower, no instrument readings, unless you pull fuse. crazy stuff... ANY IDEAS?

/ JD 6400 electrical problem. please help. #2  
Only Idea I have is battery may be low. When the battery is low on my JD 6415 it starts (barely) but one turn signal light will be on and it's indicator in the dash. If I charge the battery the light does not come on.

/ JD 6400 electrical problem. please help. #3  
I would agree with Zebra, low voltage can cause problems. This tractor won't be as particular but newer units if jump started repeatedly have a tendancy to fry electrical components. I would load test battery, if it is good check resistance at cable's etc. Good luck.

/ JD 6400 electrical problem. please help. #4  
Which fuse are you pulling? Do all functions work with fuse removed? There is a rockshaft calibration fuse that is not supposed to have a fuse in it unless you are trying to calibrate or trying to read codes with performance monitor.

/ JD 6400 electrical problem. please help. #5  
Another idea, check the relays. You may have a bad one not making good connection internally.

/ JD 6400 electrical problem. please help. #6  
on the right side of the engine where the fuel filter mounts, the grounds are attached, the bracket breaks at that mounting point and makes a bad ground point

/ JD 6400 electrical problem. please help. #7  
It's OK to move the ground to a more secure location on the engine. I recommend getting a longer ground if needed and attach it to the starter mounting bolt. It is a little tough to reach, but it is the most direct ground for the starter.

/ JD 6400 electrical problem. please help. #8  
I had similar problem on my 3320. Found out that the Electronic Module goes nuts if the input voltage drops to less than 11.5V. Couldn't start, instruments flashed, something "BUZZED", OEM battery had one weak cell that did not let voltage rise to required level. Replaced battery (warranty); all's well, has been for over 2 years. I did a Google search, looking for electrical problems; got good results.