Mower suggestions for JD 2520

/ Mower suggestions for JD 2520 #1  

Rand

I have several large fields of bet. 3 and 5 acres that require occasional mowing. In the past a local farmer would mow for hay, but with his herd reduced in size no longer has need for it. I do have a 4 ft. rotary mower that works well but takes forever and a day. Plus it's a rough cut, and leaves a lot of debris on top. I was thinking of getting a finish mower; something like 50-72" in size. The land mowed is debris/rock free, and I would never use a finish mower in an area that's questionable. Does this make any sense? Also, if a finish mower does make sense for my needs, is there a particular brand that anyone could suggest thats well regarded for performance and durability?

/ Mower suggestions for JD 2520 #2  
I was sort of in the same boat a few years ago. I used a farm king 72" mower behind my 2305 and jd2320. It worked so well that the "field" is now just part of our yard. I now mow it with my z465. I doesn't take long for the grass to start looking better year after year.

/ Mower suggestions for JD 2520 #3  
I have several large fields of bet. 3 and 5 acres that require occasional mowing. In the past a local farmer would mow for hay, but with his herd reduced in size no longer has need for it. I do have a 4 ft. rotary mower that works well but takes forever and a day. Plus it's a rough cut, and leaves a lot of debris on top. I was thinking of getting a finish mower; something like 50-72" in size. The land mowed is debris/rock free, and I would never use a finish mower in an area that's questionable. Does this make any sense? Also, if a finish mower does make sense for my needs, is there a particular brand that anyone could suggest thats well regarded for performance and durability?

That is a lot of grass to mow with a six foot finish mower. You say several fields let's say three for our discussion that is 10-15 acres to mow, Wow. With a finish mower you will need to mow at least every two weeks. I don't think I would want to try that, but if I was, I would start shopping for a good used 72 inch three point mower for the 2520. Something you could re-sale after a year if you decide, "This ain't going to work" and not take a bath like you would if you purchased new.

/ Mower suggestions for JD 2520 #4  
Gator6x4 said:
That is a lot of grass to mow with a six foot finish mower. You say several fields let's say three for our discussion that is 10-15 acres to mow, Wow. With a finish mower you will need to mow at least every two weeks. I don't think I would want to try that, but if I was, I would start shopping for a good used 72 inch three point mower for the 2520. Something you could re-sale after a year if you decide, "This ain't going to work" and not take a bath like you would if you purchased new.

That's good advice.