Need advice for shocks

/ Need advice for shocks #1  

flyingcow

Veteran Member
SHOCKS. And not a clue what I specifically need. This has a 4 inch lift. It's a 2006 3500,crew cab,8ft bed, SRW. Occasionally tow a 26ft GN trailer hauling a 10,000lb tractor. Also, can't seem to find any numbers on the old ones.

/ Need advice for shocks #2  
Contact the maker of the lift.

Chris

/ Need advice for shocks
Where do i find the info on the lift? Did a quick look over of the lift, couldn't find ant numbers. But i am very good at missing the obvious. I bought this trk used in Va.

/ Need advice for shocks #4  
google 4" lift and the model truck you have. Shocks are shocks, sort of. Some may last longer than others.

/ Need advice for shocks #5  
Do you have a nearby 4WD shop? Maybe they could tell you. If done right, you shock dampening should match your spring rates.

A 4" lift, towing a GN? I envision the trailer sitting too high in the front and impossible to balance? And the GN close to the tailgate?

/ Need advice for shocks
Do you have a nearby 4WD shop? Maybe they could tell you. If done right, you shock dampening should match your spring rates.

A 4" lift, towing a GN? I envision the trailer sitting too high in the front and impossible to balance? And the GN close to the tailgate?

Not close to the tailgate. The neck of GN is adjustable, so it rides level.

/ Need advice for shocks #7  
Ahha.. I have seen folks locally with lifted trucks hauling GN horse trailers, and trailer was obviously high in front. Always thought it must be uncomfortable for the horses.

Not close to the tailgate. The neck of GN is adjustable, so it rides level.

/ Need advice for shocks
Ahha.. I have seen folks locally with lifted trucks hauling GN horse trailers, and trailer was obviously high in front. Always thought it must be uncomfortable for the horses.

I would assume it's not good for the horses, plus it'll haul a little mean. Braking might be off if the front axle is got less pressure on the ground. Not only that, it just looks bad.

/ Need advice for shocks #9  
measure the distance on mounting points for the shocks and type of mounting points.Tell any auto parts store that info and they should be able to find you shocks

/ Need advice for shocks #10  
Towing with a lifted vehicle is not a good idea, any type of emergency situation and the vehicle becomes unstable.
Shocks as stated you can get from most any good auto parts store, or you can pay a premium from a specialty shop.
Look online and get the shock number and price, then get prices on line, and at your local parts dealer.