Last one, Hydraulic Drain Plug

/ Last one, Hydraulic Drain Plug #1  

scott123456789

Bronze Member
Tractor
'69 MF 135
It seems there are two drain plugs on the tractor, one on the left side near the axle and one right under the shifter also on the left side. It is right next to the cotter pin, but there is no way to get a wrench around it. I got all of the fluid out from under the lift cover but I was wondering if there was more fluid under the shifter in the transmission? What size is the bolt so I could go grab a socket I guess to get it off.

/ Last one, Hydraulic Drain Plug #2  
It seems there are two drain plugs on the tractor, one on the left side near the axle and one right under the shifter also on the left side. It is right next to the cotter pin, but there is no way to get a wrench around it. I got all of the fluid out from under the lift cover but I was wondering if there was more fluid under the shifter in the transmission? What size is the bolt so I could go grab a socket I guess to get it off.
Yes Scott, there are two drain plugs for the hydraulics. The fluid is shared in both sections of the tractor. Because of the configuration or shape of the tractor the 135 has two plugs to assure all the fluid is removed. As stated many times in the MF area. You can use diesel fuel to help clean out any sludge in the bottom of each area. You can run the drain diesel thru an old T-shirt and run it thru the cavities again to remove all sludge. As I and others have said here, if you have fluid that looks kind of light milky color. That is water mixed with your fluid and is getting inside somewhere. Check all rubber boots topside and replace or you will be doing this again soon if your tractor is left outside much. BTW leave the cotter pin where it is. It is to let the OP know he has a main seal leaking engine oil. The drain plugs are located, one directly under the seat and the other is under the steering wheel or clutch pedal. Roughly.

Edit: Scott both drain plugs are 11/16. The hydro fill plug is topside to left of the gear shifter. It's a big plug.

/ Last one, Hydraulic Drain Plug
The fluid was very clean, previous owner had the crank turned and they did the fluid at the time, but the lift cover had never been off so the incredible sludge was all over the lift levers. Was I measuring the plugs at 7/8"? Cant get a crescent wrench around it.