Kioti bock heater for DS3510

/ Kioti bock heater for DS3510 #1  

Buckgnarly

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kioti DS3510
After much searchingand dealer run around, Rick (member name "wallace") helped me out by providing me a block heater that would fit my DS3510, so HUGE thanks to him for knowing and providing a block heater that would work!

Here's the install for anyone interested....

Removing muffler makes it much easier....after R&R a trans on a 2008 Focus this week, working on a tractor is SOOOO nice!!
exhaust.jpg

Freeze plug used, it's the one right by the starter. When knocking it out, hit the upper right as the lower middle is the closest to the cylinder sleeve. You have mch more room to "flip" the freeze plug if you hit it top right.
freezeplug.jpg

Insert and heating element....
pluginsert.jpg

Freeze plug tool is VERY nice to have for this install, but an impact socket will work too....
freezeplugtool.jpg

Installed...
insertinstall.jpg

Final install with paint.....
finalinstall.jpg

Plug location, right by clutch pedal, can be tucked away for the few "Warm" months we have....
pluglocation.jpg

/ Kioti bock heater for DS3510 #2  
Nicely done! Looks great. Sometimes I wish we could have one on the ck20. Mine is parked inan unheated garage. Starts hard in those cold winter snow days.

/ Kioti bock heater for DS3510 #3  
I have a ck20 same vintage as mpham and it is hard starting in the cold weather. I tried magnetic heaters but they do not seem to help much. I suspect they need to be on for a long time. I try to put them on in the morning before I use the tractor, but after a couple hours, I do not see much evidence of easier starting. I have to run the glow plug three or four times. I am not comfortable leaving the block heaters on overnight. I hooked up a remote switch so that I can turn the heaters on from the house- about 60 feet to the barn. Also put an outside light in the circuit so that I can see from the house that they are working.
If someone comes up with an easy way to heat these little engines I would like to hear about it.

/ Kioti bock heater for DS3510
I have a ck20 same vintage as mpham and it is hard starting in the cold weather. I tried magnetic heaters but they do not seem to help much. I suspect they need to be on for a long time. I try to put them on in the morning before I use the tractor, but after a couple hours, I do not see much evidence of easier starting. I have to run the glow plug three or four times. I am not comfortable leaving the block heaters on overnight. I hooked up a remote switch so that I can turn the heaters on from the house- about 60 feet to the barn. Also put an outside light in the circuit so that I can see from the house that they are working.
If someone comes up with an easy way to heat these little engines I would like to hear about it.

I use a timer for my plow truck, set it about 2-3 hrs before I plan on plowing. Makes a huge difference in the cold. A block heater is the only way to go for real cold.
Talk to Rick, all other dealers either tried to convince me that the tractors did not need a heater, or they tried to sell me an inline hose heater. He was the only one who knew what would work for my purposes.

/ Kioti bock heater for DS3510 #5  
Buckgnarly said:
After much searchingand dealer run around, Rick (member name "wallace") helped me out by providing me a block heater that would fit my DS3510, so HUGE thanks to him for knowing and providing a block heater that would work!

Here's the install for anyone interested....

Removing muffler makes it much easier....after R&R a trans on a 2008 Focus this week, working on a tractor is SOOOO nice!!

Freeze plug used, it's the one right by the starter. When knocking it out, hit the upper right as the lower middle is the closest to the cylinder sleeve. You have mch more room to "flip" the freeze plug if you hit it top right.

Insert and heating element....

Freeze plug tool is VERY nice to have for this install, but an impact socket will work too....

Installed...

Final install with paint.....

Plug location, right by clutch pedal, can be tucked away for the few "Warm" months we have....

Would this work on a dk40se