2012-2013 Food Plots

/ 2012-2013 Food Plots #1  

lakngulf

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kioti CK30
My hunting areas consist of old pastures and surrounding trees--the Bull Pen and Mandy Hollow. I am attempting to change the pastures to plots, trees and tall grass. Here are the food plots for this year
Bull Pen
This area has one "boomer-rang" food plot. Wheat, Oats and clover, along with a patch of Purple Top Turnips

IMG_0856.jpg

IMG_0858.jpg

The deer are browsing the turnips, but hammering the wheat and oats. Looks like we got a good stand of durana clover underneath the grains.
IMG_0861.jpg

IMG_0865.jpg

/ 2012-2013 Food Plots
Mandy Hollow

My plan is to plant trees in most of this open land. This year I decided on a couple of large strips of Oats, Wheat and clover. Hopefully, the clover will flourish and can be maintained around the new trees

IMG_0866.jpg

IMG_0877.jpg

IMG_0873.jpg

/ 2012-2013 Food Plots #3  
BEAUTIFUL!!!!!

I found that the deer hit the turnips once it gets cold out. I read somewhere that the frost brings out the natural sugars in the greens,and that's when the deer like them. In my area, that seems to be the case.

Eddie

/ 2012-2013 Food Plots #6  
Food plots are great if you want to improve your wildlife's health and population. I have customers that food plot to make for better hunting and also food plotters that just like to enjoy the animals in the habitat with the family. The pics are proof your plots are working well! Ken Sweet

/ 2012-2013 Food Plots #7  
Milton thanks for shareing neat pics/description/etc ! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Boone

/ 2012-2013 Food Plots #8  
The pictures keep getting better and better!!!! Thanks for posting them, and please keep posting more. No such thing as too many!!!!

Eddie

/ 2012-2013 Food Plots
The turnips need some rain. A system came through last night, and I hope this area was included

IMG_0892.jpg

IMG_0891.jpg

/ 2012-2013 Food Plots #10  
Nice looking plots! I've got mine ready for next year. I own a 30 acre field (which my house sits on one corner of) I'm going to plant a strip of trees about 75 yards wide right down the middle of it and put plots on both sides. Hopefully the strip of trees will be enough to hold the deer on my property in a few years.