IPad kicking me off when opening photos

/ IPad kicking me off when opening photos #1  

Otto Syracuse

Gold Member
Tractor
JD 4410
I'Ve had a recurring issue with my iPad when using the TBN App. When I open a thread and click on a picture, I will often get kicked off the site, and sent back to the iPad home page. When I sign back in to TBN the picture link will often work, but today I clicked on pictures from a thread (restoring a 1800 barn) and could not get past the second picture.

Thanks for any help.

/ IPad kicking me off when opening photos #2  
Otto Syracuse said:
I'Ve had a recurring issue with my iPad when using the TBN App. When I open a thread and click on a picture, I will often get kicked off the site, and sent back to the iPad home page. When I sign back in to TBN the picture link will often work, but today I clicked on pictures from a thread (restoring a 1800 barn) and could not get past the second picture.

Thanks for any help.

I have been having different issue with the iPad app in that often I get a error message when opening photos in a thread.

/ IPad kicking me off when opening photos #3  
My IPAD has been doing that since I upgrade the IOS version last summer. I don't use the TBN app. It happens when I do something that requires more memory than most surfing. I think I need to go back and look for some patches.

/ IPad kicking me off when opening photos
This problem had cleared up for a while, but is now recurring FREQUENTLY! I like the app but may switch over to viewing it on Safari because it is quite frustrating to not be able to look at all the pictures.

/ IPad kicking me off when opening photos #5  
Just be glad the GPS Map system didn't send you into an active war zone.

/ IPad kicking me off when opening photos #6  
First let me qualify myself as anything but an expert on an Ipad. My wife has an Ipad II and she was having some of the same problems with youtube and facebook.....they worked fine on Safari but not on the Ipad app. We final fixed the problem when we updated the operating software. To update the IOS we had to sync it thru my lap top to the apple site. I would have thought that the Ipad would automatically update the operating software, but obviously it didn't. It took about an hour to update but it fixed all the problems we were having. Also, make sure you clean off all the apps running in the back ground periodically. To do that double click the little button on the face side. The apps will show up at the bottom, then select one of the apps and hold it until it starts to shake. You can then delete them. One other thing you should do maybe once a week or so is to reboot the computer. You do that by pressing the little black buttton on the edge and the button on the face side at the same time and holding until it powers down.
If you already know all these things, I apologize.

/ IPad kicking me off when opening photos #7  
First let me qualify myself as anything but an expert on an Ipad. My wife has an Ipad II and she was having some of the same problems with youtube and facebook.....they worked fine on Safari but not on the Ipad app. We final fixed the problem when we updated the operating software. To update the IOS we had to sync it thru my lap top to the apple site. I would have thought that the Ipad would automatically update the operating software, but obviously it didn't. It took about an hour to update but it fixed all the problems we were having. Also, make sure you clean off all the apps running in the back ground periodically. To do that double click the little button on the face side. The apps will show up at the bottom, then select one of the apps and hold it until it starts to shake. You can then delete them. One other thing you should do maybe once a week or so is to reboot the computer. You do that by pressing the little black buttton on the edge and the button on the face side at the same time and holding until it powers down.
If you already know all these things, I apologize.

MW, there are a lot of neat tricks that will keep your iPad running at top performance. Every time you open an app and close it. It remains in memory to an extent. double clicking the home key will pop up a row of apps you've recently used. They are shaking and have a black X on them them. Touch the X's and delete them one by one. You are clearing memory and not actually deleting the app. This speeds up the iPad big time. You should do this often if you have used a lot of apps recently.

To access any recently opened apps take all five finger and slide the screen upward and you'll see the other apps and by pressing on of them you can jump from one app to another. I have been in the middle of a reply, then shift to Safari to look something up and slide up and come right back to the reply I was working on.

Use the Cloud option to backup my personal date. apple gives you about five or six gigabytes for that very purpose. The App Store will keep up with your apps. But do backup on a regular basic. It's simple and free. You have the option to restore from a certain date too. I learned this too late after losing a bunch of pictures.

You have to reset EVERYTHING on the ipad to upgrade the iOS in the SETTINGS. Then restore your apps and personal data. This is why it's important to turn the Cloud feature on in "Settings" so when you do reset, you can put everything back like it was.

BTW, if you haven't upgraded to the new TractorByNet you should. V1.6.2 is out and appears to be very stable in any orientation. I run iOS v1.6.2 and one of the upgrades since v1.6 was the ability to lock the app so it can't be exited by children without a password. This is a godsend when my grandson is using my iPad playing that Mad Birds game. If you do what I have done is use Safari and search "iPad tips". Take care -Robert

Message posted with TractorByNet v1.6.2 for iPad

/ IPad kicking me off when opening photos #8  
Use the Cloud option to backup my personal date. apple gives you about five or six gigabytes for that very purpose. The App Store will keep up with your apps. But do backup on a regular basic. It's simple and free. You have the option to restore from a certain date too. I learned this too late after losing a bunch of pictures.

You have to reset EVERYTHING on the ipad to upgrade the iOS in the SETTINGS. Then restore your apps and personal data. This is why it's important to turn the Cloud feature on in "Settings" so when you do reset, you can put everything back like it was.
Thanks Robert for the info. We did turn on the "Cloud" setting when we updated the operating system. I hardly ever use the iPad as it is the wife's and she never puts it down. I'm stuck with my old Dell laptop.

/ IPad kicking me off when opening photos #9  
Thanks Robert for the info. We did turn on the "Cloud" setting when we updated the operating system. I hardly ever use the iPad as it is the wife's and she never puts it down. I'm stuck with my old Dell laptop.

My wife and I are just the opposite. She won't use the iPad. I find it quick and dirty getting here and searching something on the net. I bought her one of those small Dell notebooks. And she loves it. Now my grandson is a natural. He has Cerebral Palsy but he can use an iPad better than me. BTW, hats off to those to maintain TBN's app. Alls well now in every direction. Thanks Muhammad if you've got an ear to the wall for providing this app.

/ IPad kicking me off when opening photos
Thank you for those pointers, I have a Gen 1 iPad. I do update my software by plugging in to the main computer, but also signed up for the Cloud updates. It won't hurt to plug it in again too. Also, I did not know about the trick of clearing out open apps, I will do that too.
Glad to know there are some things I can do on my own to fix it! Thank you!