MF135 parts

/ MF135 parts #1  

YesDeere

Veteran Member
Tractor
04/4310
I need some parts for my dads new to him tractor. I am going to rebuild the carb and get a new temp gauge and sender. Also the leg rear axle seal is leaking. I figured I ask you guys what your favorite parts house is. Flusher, The Kid, can you point me in a good direction please. Thanks in advance. I got it home last week.

Attachments

• image-95702715.jpg
    image-95702715.jpg
    384.3 KB · Views: 163
   / MF135 parts #2  
I need some parts for my dads new to him tractor. I am going to rebuild the carb and get a new temp gauge and sender. Also the leg rear axle seal is leaking. I figured I ask you guys what your favorite parts house is. Flusher, The Kid, can you point me in a good direction please. Thanks in advance. I got it home last week.

First things first. You must identify your tractor (year) Next is type. Perkins gas/diesel or Continental gas Z145/Z134. Next you need to identify the type of carb if gas. Mine is a 65 and it's a Marvel. Be real careful when removing your carb as to not bend or break any clips. Turn off the gas under the tank. Once you know what carb you have to can obtain a kit at most AGCO dealers. I have used several. If they don't have it in thier personal stock, they can order from the distributor and have it drop shipped to you in just a few days. One source is eBay, which most don't actually have a walk in bussiness and have product drop shipped to you. Some are cheap. But some are cheap because the parts are chinese. One has to ask what is there source before ordering. If it's TISCO, A&I or SPAREX which all three have quality parts. It seems none of these have everything you need, so one of the others has parts the others don't.

The last order for my draft spring control parts, most of the parts actually came from Sparex. I'll send you a PM as to who I bought from. I don't think it would be appropriate to broadcast or toot a dealers horn here that sells advertising on TBN. In an earlier post in my refurbish thread I showed the differences in price between two dealers. So it pays to check around. For something like a carb kit, the price it propably close to each other. I don't know your location so shipping cost is a flexible issue depending where you buy.

Let me explain what an Massey Ferguson AGCO dealer actually is. One, they sell MF tractors. Two, they probably have a service department. Three, they sell part for what they sell. AGCO is the gold standard which several manufacturers make parts for. There's some good parts, and there are poorly made parts. There are chinese made parts. There are parts made in England for the Perkins diesel. There are parts made in India. If AGCO recognizes the parts. They meet certain requirements and specifications to be installed on thier product line.

One thing you need which is pricy is a Service manual which shows how to disassemble and reassemble. You can get by with the parts book because you can actually access that online. Actually you need two manuals. The operators manual, which I find them for sale on eBay all the time. (originals with various print dates) and the SERVICE manual. With these two publications, your tractor become an open book. -robert

/ MF135 parts
Thank you!! It is a 67 with a continental motor and a marvel carb. The tag was rotten on the motor. So not sure which one it is. There were only 2 right? I will do some calling this afternoon. Thanks again!! Btw. I'm in Maryland.

Attachments

• image-4188073700.jpg
    image-4188073700.jpg
    426 KB · Views: 155
  • image-3255667132.jpg
    image-3255667132.jpg
    552.1 KB · Views: 162
   / MF135 parts #5  
Thank you!! It is a 67 with a continental motor and a marvel carb. The tag was rotten on the motor. So not sure which one it is. There were only 2 right? I will do some calling this afternoon. Thanks again!! Btw. I'm in Maryland.
There ya go. You got all the info you need to buy/order a kit. You want to make sure your float is not damaged as in pivits or ruptured. I have in the past soldered a seam in a float and repaired it. Just make sure it floats evenly. or fix or replace. I'll make some copies of the OP manual you can use to adjust the air mixture and idle. Lay everything out and take pictures before and during disassembly. You can clean the outside with Kerosene and a paint brush and finish off with a can of spray carb cleaner. Send me your email in a PM and I'll copy those pages for you. My OP manual (original) is actually a 3/1967 I bought off ebay.

/ MF135 parts #6  
If you have a tach, and a 2 stage clutch you have a Z145 engine...my '67 Z145 has a Marvel #882 carb..(there should be an aluminum tag with the # on it). BobG in VA

/ MF135 parts
Yup. 2 stage and a tach. No tag on the carb though. Thank you guys for the help! Much appreciated.

/ MF135 parts #8  
Did you get those emails with files attached?

/ MF135 parts
Thanks for all your help! I got the gen rebuilt and I just finished the carb. Will let you know how the tuning gos.

Attachments

• image-3667721841.jpg
    image-3667721841.jpg
    464.4 KB · Views: 151
  • image-4260835591.jpg
    image-4260835591.jpg
    429.9 KB · Views: 153
   / MF135 parts
Got the carb back on and adjusted it to specs per the manual that the Kid sent me. Turned the fuel on and gave it 2 revolutions and she was purring like a cat. Now on to the temp sender/gauge,wiring and a seal. Dad ordered a new seat as well. This is a nice old tractor!

Attachments

• image-2378407126.jpg
    image-2378407126.jpg
    571.1 KB · Views: 196