Lots of choices...decision time. 1026R or used 2305?

/ Lots of choices...decision time. 1026R or used 2305? #1  

7Pilks

Tractor
None
I've finally decided a SCUT is my best option...80% mowing, 20 % odd jobs (firewood, landscaping, etc). I've run the circuit on shopping. I'm still considering the following; All Loader/MMM.
JD 1026R $17K (2305) $10.5K +/-
Mahindra Max 22 or 25 $15-15.5K
Massey CG2400/2600 $13-13.5K
Kioti CS2410 $15.5K

I'm not all about specs but its about function, features and investment. The thing that keeps the 1026R in the mix is the QA Deck and Loader. I can imagine how more usable that unit would be if you could drop the deck and add the loader in 5 minutes and reverse it in another 5 minutes. Without that the JD would be out of the running on cost alone. The others can be had for 2500 to 4000K less.

Then...while oogling the 1026R on the JD lot (initial quote of 'around 17K)...there's a used 2305 with MMM/FEL/Box Blade with 109 hours on consignment asking 11500. I think it could be bought at 10500 maybe even 10000 (divorce).

What's do you guys think about the options I've laid out. The 2305 is nice but without the QA deck its just about like the others as far as function and its a 5-6 y/o tractor (although its low hours are nice).

/ Lots of choices...decision time. 1026R or used 2305? #2  
If I didn't have auto connect, I'd have to own a seperate lawn mower. Then the cost of an extra machine would wash out. I only have a 12 X 20 shed in which to store my stuff, so I'm limited to one small tractor. Based on your price findings, the smart money would be on the Massey, it's a nice machine. If they were that cheap here, while I was shopping, I'd own one.

Good luck.

/ Lots of choices...decision time. 1026R or used 2305? #3  
Sheww, That a tough decision you got there. That 2305 for 10G would be a good deal. But you can a have a NEW tractor w/ warranty for 3 -5G more. Me personally, I would cross off the 1026. In my opinion, to much money for what they are. (My opinion only) If I didn't choose the 2305, I'd consider the Massey or Kioti. I guess it all boils down to how bad you want that easy connect/disconnect deck.

Edited to add, you can do a lot of FEL chores w/ the MMM attached. So long as your not truckin through the woods and rough terrain. So you may not have to remove the MMM as much as you think.

/ Lots of choices...decision time. 1026R or used 2305? #4  
The 2305 is a nice mower, I had one for 7 years, but the 1026R is a lot nicer and that is the way I would go given your choices. The auto-connect deck is almost reason enough to buy the 1026R but then add in the transmission oil cooler, cruise control, arm rests, short-throw joy stick, tool box, and extra lights, the decision is easy for me.

So why am I driving a 2720? I like the smooth ride produced by the 36 inch tires. :thumbsup:

/ Lots of choices...decision time. 1026R or used 2305? #5  
It's an individual choice, but I know that if, in your position, I went for anything but the 1026, I'd spend the next 10 years asking myself why I went cheap. (I also went for a 2320 rather than a 2305 because of the tire size and ground clearance.)

/ Lots of choices...decision time. 1026R or used 2305?
Had a chance to drive the Mahindra 28XL and 25 Max today. The 28XL is really just too much tractor to be a convenient mower but it would be a very capable loader/finish mower combo. The Max 25 was more reasonable and I did mow with it some at the dealer. Did not like the HST pedal at all. They both had a great turning radius. The Mitsubishi engine is pretty smooth but a bit loud...nothing too hard to get used too. All in all this is a choice of better mowing machine vs. more capable loader. The Max 25 is being quoted at 15500 0% for 60 months. BTW the 25 and 28 have the same engine but rated at different RPM's. The 28XL is about 6" longer a bit wider and taller and a couple hundred pounds heavier....too big for my needs.

Immediately went to the JD and hopped on the 1026R. This is definitely a more refined machine and the lower center of gravity is obviously an advantage for mowing. The loader controls are an improvement over the Max and a handier than the 2305. The JD is not quite as much tractor as it is a very substantial mower. That deck is a beast and looks better built than the Mahindra. In rough ground the Mahindra would probably hold up better but there's not doubt the JD has a better layout. That deck just keeps me coming back and makes me look away from the 2305 (and today the price magically went up a grand :/).

The dealer is coming up with a quote on Tractor/FEL/MMM and its likely going to come in between 16500 and 17000 + taxes....0% for 60 months. I may try to get him to stand tall on my JD 345 mower to make the deal.

Tried to get to the Massey dealer but he didn't have anything on the lot. Maybe next week I'll check another dealer about an hour away. Still want to drive the Kioti but last I checked the dealer was talking 16500 and that's way too close to the JD to even consider. No drive over deck if I remember so even if its 1000-1500 less I'd probably stick with the JD. The JD dealer has been around for atleast 25 years and is 5 miles from my property. They been easy to work with on my 345 so I trust them.

The other issue is that you can get the 2320 for the same price as the 1026R according to the dealer. Drive over deck without quick attach...makes me feel like the 1026R is overpriced. I'm sure they'll come down in price as the new wears off but that makes it hard to go smaller for the same dollar.

/ Lots of choices...decision time. 1026R or used 2305? #8  
I have a 4110 with a MMM and it is a pain to mount / dismount. Its a terrible mounting system with very little clearance when raised. I did not do my homework and bought the tractor, waited to get the MMM, and was not very impressed. This is the only reason I am going to a larger 3000 or 4000 size frame tractor in the near future. The 60" mower works fine but with approx 6 acres to cut a 72" would be a bit better.

It's an individual choice, but I know that if, in your position, I went for anything but the 1026, I'd spend the next 10 years asking
myself why I went cheap. (I also went for a 2320 rather than a 2305 because of the tire size and ground clearance.)

:thumbsup:

/ Lots of choices...decision time. 1026R or used 2305? #10  
Watch out for 2305 transmission case failure. Sucks.
I have both 2305 and 2320. I thought the 1026 is over priced even with the auto connect deck. 2305 takes 5minutes max to install the deck ,2320 about two minutes. The worst part is attaching the pto shaft. Go jd and don't look back is my opinion. Why have you not checked out kubota?