Steiner Loader

/ Steiner Loader #1  

Frank Sorbello

Gold Member
Tractor
Power Trac PT-422
Looking for some help or a standard operating procedure for safely hooking up and hooking the front end loader to my Steiner 420. Are there any secrets or tricks to doing this by myself with out getting hurt.

Thanks,

Frank

/ Steiner Loader #2  
I haven't done it in years.. I remember that you hang the back mounting straps on the cross bar and drive into it.. You need to wiggle the steering until your into the hitch... Then close the latch shut down and connect the belt.... Then use the lift/lower level for the front hitch and the loader arms to push the rear mount into position... Install the mounting straps and tighten the T-bolts... It's isn't an easy job and I found it much easier to use a chain from my barn truss to hold it up so I can get the front tires under the loader lift cylinders...

/ Steiner Loader #3  
If you follow the instructions in the owners manual it's a simple procedure. I basically lift the front bucket off the ground about 35" and then tilt the loader unit to the floor. Then just unhook the thing and it's flat on the floor. The key is to NOT touch the levers for the bucket/lift cylinders at all when unattached. That way you just drive back to it and reattach simply. Takes me maybe 5 - 10 minutes and most of that is just trying to put the screws back in when you tilt it back and reconnect the belt.

Steve

/ Steiner Loader #4  
If you follow the instructions in the owners manual it's a simple procedure. I basically lift the front bucket off the ground about 35" and then tilt the loader unit to the floor. Then just unhook the thing and it's flat on the floor. The key is to NOT touch the levers for the bucket/lift cylinders at all when unattached. That way you just drive back to it and reattach simply. Takes me maybe 5 - 10 minutes and most of that is just trying to put the screws back in when you tilt it back and reconnect the belt.

Steve

/ Steiner Loader #5  
Sent him a email with the instructions to attach and remove as stated in the manual.

And it's 20" above the floor instead of the 36" I stated above.

Steve