Texas hunting season begins

/ Texas hunting season begins #1  

Western

Tractor
Kioti DK 35 now
Today is the general season opener for deer, figured since I couldn't sleep last night (stiff back), I might as well crawl up into my deer blind and see if I can sleep there:D

Weather is really mild here this morning, 63* with a light North wind.

Wish all you Texans and out of state hunters a safe and hopefully fulfilling weekend with friends and/or family.

/ Texas hunting season begins #2  
all i need is to get my gun off lol best of luck

/ Texas hunting season begins #3  
Good luck Dennis. It's going to be a beautiful day to spend on the stand. I can taste the Chicken Fried Backstrap already.

Charlie

/ Texas hunting season begins #4  
The weather has been SO FINE here lately...October is my favorite month..dove season..great weather..my birthday..followed by Nov....more great weather and deer season.

A deer blind is a favorite place...and, you never know, might run across a hog, or an axis as well.

Good luck, stay safe out there.

/ Texas hunting season begins
As predicted, I fell asleep, but woke up at the right time:laughing: And yes, it was a nice morning!

Charlie, hard to beat a good back-strap steak with a baked potato!!

John, I turned 50 yesterday, didn't include any "extra" luck this morning though:laughing: Saw a couple young bucks, watched the "button" buck playing with his shadow, never seen that before,It was Hilarius (sp)

/ Texas hunting season begins #6  
Happy Birthday Dennis. Did you see anything? It was extremly foggy here this morning, kind of warm, and a bright moon during the night. I didn't see a thing, but didn't really expect to. Next week should be better, especially if the rut kicks in on time!!!

Eddie

Eddie, Thanks! Yesterday evening I saw a "decent" 7 pnt, dont think he would make the antler restrictions though. Every buck I've seen has been chasing the does, the 7 pnt being the biggest so far. I heard some shooting yesterday, but not what I expected, hopefully the antler restrictions will at least buy a few bucks some time.

/ Texas hunting season begins #8  
As predicted, I fell asleep, but woke up at the right time:laughing: And yes, it was a nice morning!

Charlie, hard to beat a good back-strap steak with a baked potato!!

John, I turned 50 yesterday, didn't include any "extra" luck this morning though:laughing: Saw a couple young bucks, watched the "button" buck playing with his shadow, never seen that before,It was Hilarius (sp)

Happy Birthday Dennis!!!

/ Texas hunting season begins #9  
The weather has been SO FINE here lately...October is my favorite month..dove season..great weather..my birthday..followed by Nov....more great weather and deer season.

A deer blind is a favorite place...and, you never know, might run across a hog, or an axis as well.

Good luck, stay safe out there.

John, Axis is the best venison I've ever had. It was the first venison I got my wife to try and she loved it. With wild game I sometimes use whole wheat flour to bread the meat and make the gravy. Just seems to give it a little nuttier flavor.

Charlie

Thanks Charlie,

Never had Axis, but I like back strap Elk) butterflied then cooked similar to chicken fried steak with country gravy.