Japan made MF4600 series

/ Japan made MF4600 series #1  

GCLKD

When are the new Iseki made MF 4600 series suppose to be available? Heard they will take the place of the 26HD series more of a middle of the road tractor available with cab and shuttle. Looks like deere new 5series cab availability on 55-75hp disappered?

/ Japan made MF4600 series #2  
They are to take the place of the 2600hd. I think its to meet the Epa requirements.

/ Japan made MF4600 series #3  
MIKE R said:
They are to take the place of the 2600hd. I think its to meet the Epa requirements.

Actually it is to add a full powershuttle transmission as the do not have one in the HD series, but need one to meed demands of the customers.

/ Japan made MF4600 series #4  
Actually it is to add a full powershuttle transmission as the do not have one in the HD series, but need one to meed demands of the customers.
Actually I have a different view. I own a MF2660HD low profile bought new. There were so many problems with it that I stated publicly, to dealers and to company reps, that unless MF got better quality control on these things leaving the factory they would no longer be in the tractor business within 5 years. My review of the 2660 remains on ByNet under Massey Ferguson if interested and there have been more issues since. After 18 mos. ownership I THINK the bugs are all out of mine but not the design goofs that will always be there. Yes, the HD series suffered from lack of a power shuttle transmission option but I'm not so sure that makes or breaks a line of tractors. Reliability and user friendly design DOES make or break a line. For example, the manual shuttle is failure prone and stiff compared to the competition. Lousy brakes are standard until you complain and they do major modifications. Why would I expect that a far more complex power shuttle would be made better by the same people ?? I would not. My best guess is that you will not see MF tractors made in the Brazil factory in the north American market again anytime soon. I do not think it is coincidence that the replacement series will be made in Japan where the compact MF machines are made. I have never seen such a closed-mouthed community as tractor manufacturers and reps compared to other industries. If they ever opened up (which they never will) I believe you would find that the 2600 series out of Brazil was an absolute horror story in terms of warrantee claims. I believe the corporate fathers knew they had to do something major in the direction of better QC out of the factory (as well as design) or else lose that segment of the market entirely. I don't think it has anything to do with the EPA or power shuttles. It will be very interesting to see how the Japanese-built machines compare to those from Brazil.

I would love to know the details of the internal corporate war between the French who make the 100HP class MF machines and the Japanese who make the compacts. I'll bet it was exciting. And I doubt the Brazilian factory had much of a say in the matter.

/ Japan made MF4600 series #5  
There is no comparison between the 5400/5600 series tractor and the new 4600 series. Different class of machine and about 3 pay scales in price. The 5600 series is a true mid size tractor with full features while the 4600 is a utility machine, more basic. Though there is a market for a basic tractor in the 60-90hp market with no power shuttle & no frills, there is a bigger need for a mid-size, mid-optioned machine. Kubota, Deere and CNH all have one and they do well with it. Agco has needed one since the old 4200 series was replaced.

There are HUGE things happening in Agco's under 100hp lineup in the coming years. It has way more to do with tier-4 emmisions than issues with the 2600HD series. The old 200, 400 and 500 series had thier growing pains as well. I had a 481 that we put a few thousand hours on. For the price you couldn't beat those machines. You were buying a new tractor for the price of a used one. If they were worried about warranty claims they would replace the Indian built 2600's.

Every manufacturer will have big changes coming and some will just go away.

/ Japan made MF4600 series #6  
Our next tractor will be a 5400/5600 series! Love all that they have to offer. Getying addicted to cushy in my old age, and so is Dad.

There is no comparison between the 5400/5600 series tractor and the new 4600 series. Different class of machine and about 3 pay scales in price. The 5600 series is a true mid size tractor with full features while the 4600 is a utility machine, more basic. Though there is a market for a basic tractor in the 60-90hp market with no power shuttle & no frills, there is a bigger need for a mid-size, mid-optioned machine. Kubota, Deere and CNH all have one and they do well with it. Agco has needed one since the old 4200 series was replaced.

There are HUGE things happening in Agco's under 100hp lineup in the coming years. It has way more to do with tier-4 emmisions than issues with the 2600HD series. The old 200, 400 and 500 series had thier growing pains as well. I had a 481 that we put a few thousand hours on. For the price you couldn't beat those machines. You were buying a new tractor for the price of a used one. If they were worried about warranty claims they would replace the Indian built 2600's.

Every manufacturer will have big changes coming and some will just go away.

/ Japan made MF4600 series #7  
MF has a supply contract with Iseki, they do not own them. The tractors are built to spec, and shipped. Not sure, but I assume the DYNAQPS is a French built GIMA (MF/Renault partnership) unit that is shipped to Japan. Regardless of QA issues, all the AGCO dealers were screaming for a Powershuttle tractor, as lost sales to JD & CNH because of not having one in the basic utility class hurt them.

Actually I have a different view. I own a MF2660HD low profile bought new. There were so many problems with it that I stated publicly, to dealers and to company reps, that unless MF got better quality control on these things leaving the factory they would no longer be in the tractor business within 5 years. My review of the 2660 remains on ByNet under Massey Ferguson if interested and there have been more issues since. After 18 mos. ownership I THINK the bugs are all out of mine but not the design goofs that will always be there. Yes, the HD series suffered from lack of a power shuttle transmission option but I'm not so sure that makes or breaks a line of tractors. Reliability and user friendly design DOES make or break a line. For example, the manual shuttle is failure prone and stiff compared to the competition. Lousy brakes are standard until you complain and they do major modifications. Why would I expect that a far more complex power shuttle would be made better by the same people ?? I would not. My best guess is that you will not see MF tractors made in the Brazil factory in the north American market again anytime soon. I do not think it is coincidence that the replacement series will be made in Japan where the compact MF machines are made. I have never seen such a closed-mouthed community as tractor manufacturers and reps compared to other industries. If they ever opened up (which they never will) I believe you would find that the 2600 series out of Brazil was an absolute horror story in terms of warrantee claims. I believe the corporate fathers knew they had to do something major in the direction of better QC out of the factory (as well as design) or else lose that segment of the market entirely. I don't think it has anything to do with the EPA or power shuttles. It will be very interesting to see how the Japanese-built machines compare to those from Brazil.

I would love to know the details of the internal corporate war between the French who make the 100HP class MF machines and the Japanese who make the compacts. I'll bet it was exciting. And I doubt the Brazilian factory had much of a say in the matter.

/ Japan made MF4600 series #8  
The 5465 I have seen here locally is much different than the 2600HDs. For one thing they are made in France. Whatever the brakes are like, they do not have the "notches in the spacer" in the large rear axle so that you can't tell how many disks are there. They DO NOT have traditional looking Ferguson rear axles at all. They have a good reputation (among bystanders at places like PA Ag Progress Days shows.) Use 900 series loaders rather than 200 series. They use (or at least have optional) external hydraulic cylinders for the 3pt lift (more like the larger machines.) The 5465 I saw had a SISU Finland-made diesel rather than Perkins or Japanese. Regardless of brand or model I would drive the heck out of one and get to know it well before buying.

/ Japan made MF4600 series #9  
They are a pure bred Euro tractor. Right from the front three point to the rear lift assist cylinders, they are well proven. They utilize both ends of the tractor in Europe, they do earn their keep.

They are in tne same league as the rest of the Beauvais teactors, which in no way can be compared to the no frills utility tractors like the India & Brazil built tractors.
The 5465 I have seen here locally is much different than the 2600HDs. For one thing they are made in France. Whatever the brakes are like, they do not have the "notches in the spacer" in the large rear axle so that you can't tell how many disks are there. They DO NOT have traditional looking Ferguson rear axles at all. They have a good reputation (among bystanders at places like PA Ag Progress Days shows.) Use 900 series loaders rather than 200 series. They use (or at least have optional) external hydraulic cylinders for the 3pt lift (more like the larger machines.) The 5465 I saw had a SISU Finland-made diesel rather than Perkins or Japanese. Regardless of brand or model I would drive the heck out of one and get to know it well before buying.

/ Japan made MF4600 series #10  
Massey Ferguson just announced their MF 4600 on the : Australia and New Zealand web site.
MF 4600 75 - 95 hp

MF4608 3.300 75 hp
MF4609 3.300 85 hp
MF4610 3.300 95 hp
Three different models available
Cab and ROPS options
2 range power shuttle transmission (F12/R12)
Tier 4, 3 cylinder AGCO SISU POWER engine.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Should be announced in north America soon.

Look forward to a test drive , I know the quality will be good coming from Japan!

Smart move AGCO should be a winner.
keep on farming/ Bob