Part numbers for NAA Caps

/ Part numbers for NAA Caps #1  

skylarkguy

Platinum Member
Tractor
Mitsubishi MT372, Ford NAA
Does anyone have a good Napa part number for the radiator cap and fuel tank cap for an NAA? I also have Oriely's and car quest near by but my preference is Napa. Thanks.

/ Part numbers for NAA Caps #2  
I don"t but I am Sure soundguy will know.

/ Part numbers for NAA Caps #3  
the fuel cap is a weird deal. most places will list the diesel cap.. the old cap is non vented.. and there was a program to swap out for a vented cap.. but I believe it is over.

a TSC will have the diesel cap cheaper ( by far ) than the dealer...

part number D5NN9030A

you will find that many 'ear' style caps fit.

some tape the cap and trill a hole and put in a pop rivit that can jingle in it as a vent.. but not so much that fuel sloshes out.

radiator cap is, i believe a 7 psi cap part number 1T8100A2 an older 4 psi N cap will fit but not reccomended.. nor is a replacement 11-14 psi cap.

ps.. any cap gas or rad, from a 53-64 model 4 cyl will fit.. etc..

/ Part numbers for NAA Caps
The fuel cap I have is non vented. It seals so tight that eventually the fuel stops flowing, so I was looking for a vented cap. I'll look for the diesel cap, or else plan to modify mine.

On the radiator i have the original one that was with the radiator. It is a 4 psi and tests good, but is kind of loose fitting. I'm very wary of radiator caps, after loosing a buick motor due to a failed cap, and (driving up to Lassen NP in over 100degree temps, with the bad cap)

Thanks SG

/ Part numbers for NAA Caps #5  
yeah.. 4 will be fine..

/ Part numbers for NAA Caps
Napa Part numbers:

Rad cap (7psi) BK 703-1460
gas cap (vented) BK 703-1220 (this is shiny chrome for those who are concerned with such things)