John Deeres new HX6 and HX7 Rotary Cutters

/ John Deeres new HX6 and HX7 Rotary Cutters #1  

Agent Blue

Platinum Member
Reading about their new technology break through design. The deck is domed to prevent rust and build up debris. This results in a deeper cutting chamber which is credited for cutting material shorter. Chances are the price will be new also being announced in January. I don't think I will wait in line to trade up. Sounds like more sales talk than product technology. The rotary blade still turns and cuts weeds.

/ John Deeres new HX6 and HX7 Rotary Cutters #2  
Hopefully heavier gear boxes then the MX6 & MX7

/ John Deeres new HX6 and HX7 Rotary Cutters #3  
I bet they are NOT made in the USA with Usa parts!!!

/ John Deeres new HX6 and HX7 Rotary Cutters
I bet they are NOT made in the USA with Usa parts!!!

It is truely sad when you buy a quality attachment from the John Deere Store and it has CHINA labels all over it. Was thinking about a new Deere with a cab but I might as well buy something half price from Korea as they will probably be manufactured a couple buildings away from each other. A thick coat of green paint is probably the better part of the warranty.

/ John Deeres new HX6 and HX7 Rotary Cutters #5  
That is just the reason we after 50 years of John Deere tractors we have now gone to all Kubota.

/ John Deeres new HX6 and HX7 Rotary Cutters #6  
It is truely sad when you buy a quality attachment from the John Deere Store and it has CHINA labels all over it. Was thinking about a new Deere with a cab but I might as well buy something half price from Korea as they will probably be manufactured a couple buildings away from each other. A thick coat of green paint is probably the better part of the warranty.

The last I knew, the HX series cutters were made at the JD factory in Ontario, Canada. We have two HX10, and a CX15 cutter with weight box on left and right drop deck for cutting ditches.

We had an operator who was having to change out his pan (stump jumper) almost EVERY day!
Anyway, we have a lot of granite rocks and bvoulders near the surface that the frost heaves up. While going out to a project, I saw this same knuckle head using a JD rotary cutter as a "rock crusher", not even lifting the deck and just plowing through the rocks while cutting fire breaks.
After this guy resigned, we did not have ONE busted mower last year.
These HX cutters are about as heavy as you can get. I have not seen the "new design".
JD is good stuff. Kubota is good stuff.
"Jinma" and chinese steel? Thats where I draw the line. And yes, when you pay "gold" for JD Green, you want something made in the good old red,white and blue USA, or by our good neighbors to the North in Canada. Our HX cutters came from good old Canada.

/ John Deeres new HX6 and HX7 Rotary Cutters #7  
After the mess up on the MX series gearboxs, Deere would be smart to put a 5 yr warranty on any new rotary cutter they come out with from now on and fix all the MX Blowups for no charge. Consumer Confidence in JD cutters is pretty low right now. Ken Sweet

/ John Deeres new HX6 and HX7 Rotary Cutters #8  
Nice web site.

Let me know if you run across a small SIECO or FESCO middlebuster fireline plow.

I was not aware of the MX SNAFU. I have a light weight LX4 but I have not looked closely at the gear box. Holding up OK for now.

It is sickening to see US companies source jobs out to China. If someone does not wake up, they will own our country without firing a shot.

SC

/ John Deeres new HX6 and HX7 Rotary Cutters #9  
I agree with sweettractors post above. I have concerns about their cutters. JD no longer provides parts for their 2006 MX7 cutter.