Grumpy Old man's "new" tractor

/ Grumpy Old man's "new" tractor #1  

Grumpy Old Man

Veteran Member
Tractor
John Deere and Case
032.jpg Here is a picture of my " new " 1992 john Deere 855 4x4 with a Buhler/Allied loader ,I traded my Corvette convertible For this tractor and really could not be happier about the trade .I thought I would miss the midlife crisis car but I am clearing property for a new home and had been using a case 446 with a small loader to clear brush and such but it was no where near enough tractor to be effective , I have access to a cat 941 b for the heavy work and I think this 855 should be just right for the rest , Have a great day I have to go drag some logs

/ Grumpy Old man's "new" tractor #2  
Congratulations on your tractor, I'd much rather have a tractor than any Corvette any time. My brother in law has a Vette, about his fifth or six and they just don't interest me.

/ Grumpy Old man's "new" tractor #3  
I dunno, but I don't think Grumpy is appropriate anymore. You don't appear Bashful about your new rig, unless you are taking it into the woods to hide it. Don't be Dopey with it and you won't need a Doc. Enough time in the woods and you might get Sleepy. Hope you have no allergies and become Sneezy with all the pollen.

Nope, I think you're Happy. And with a 20 yr old rig that looks like that, who wouldn't be? :welcome: aboard!

/ Grumpy Old man's "new" tractor #4  
Wow! Looks like the previous owner took very good care of it. It looks practically brand new! I have a feeling you'll get many, many hours of enjoyment out of it. Congrats!

Joe

/ Grumpy Old man's "new" tractor #5  
That is the cleanest used X55 tractor I've seen in YEARS ( maybe ever)! I just traded my wife's Vette ( yes....HER Vette :ashamed:) for a backhoe. Like you, I couldn't be happier with the trade :thumbsup:

/ Grumpy Old man's "new" tractor #6  
A lot less wear and tear on the tractor when pulling those logs than it would be on the vette;)

/ Grumpy Old man's "new" tractor #7  
Congratulations, I would much rather have that tractor than a Vette.

/ Grumpy Old man's "new" tractor #8  
I may be old, but the only time I get grumpy is when I go for too long without getting a good day of work with one of the tractors. With time, you may come to deeply appreciate the attitude adjusting capabilities of these fine machines. My back is a huge fan of their log moving power.

/ Grumpy Old man's "new" tractor
well ,The Deere was a log totin machine today and I moved quite a few that I have been avoiding for the last 2 months . My back is still in good shape and I already want to start early tomorrow , I have been needing this machine for a long time and can't believe I waited so long !

/ Grumpy Old man's "new" tractor #10  
enjoy your tractor.