Continued transmission problems

/ Continued transmission problems #1  

Mike_Kanzer

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota L3830 HST, JD Gator 855D
I have an 855D XUV Gator that I had to have fixed last year for a "frozen" transmission. I could not shift it. They replaced part of the clutch mechanism. It seemed to work better and shift smoother, but yesterday when it was pointed downhill and in low gear I was unable to shift it back into neutral or reverse. It finally shifted but then was stuck in reverse and would not shift at all. It seems that if there is any pressure on the transmission it will not shift. Is this the way this thing is suppose to work? Does it need to be on level ground to shift? I think I am going to sell this gator, take the loss, and buy a Kubota with hydrostatic transmission instead of the CVT transmisson the gator has. Obvioulsy this is a big disappointmet as it is otherwise exactly what I need on the farm. The dealer is picking it up today to take a look at it again.

/ Continued transmission problems #2  
Wow, that sucks. I dont have the most experience here, but that is the first problem I have heard of on the full size UTV transaxle. Perhaps you may escalate the issue and get a regional rep to authorise a complete trans swap-out. Good luck.