Kubota trade in anyone done it?

/ Kubota trade in anyone done it? #1  

RedDogRacing

Tractor
L3940
I have a one year old B3200 W/loader, belly mower, filled tires

financed through Kubota.

I wanted a bigger tractor, but that was what I could afford. Then I go to work to find out that they got a L3940 for same price, with government discount. So I have had a chance to use both.

I need the L3940 !!!

So to get to my question, has anyone ever traded up thier Kubota while financed?

How was Kubota to deal with while doing it.

ANy suggestions info I am open to them, and if anyone wants to know why I prefer the L3940 ask away.

/ Kubota trade in anyone done it? #2  
Contact JOHNTHOMAS he's done it several times.

/ Kubota trade in anyone done it? #3  
I just did it. Still had some time left on my B3030 loan. Dealer paid it off with the new loan.

I didn't have to do anything except fill out another financing application and sign the paperwork when the tractor showed up. Real easy.

To make it even better, I have a new 0% loan, lower monthly payments than on the old loan, and I don't start paying on the new loan for 4 months. Of course, the bad part is I added a few years to the payment plan with the trade-in, but it was worth it in my situation, and sounds like it will be in your case too.

/ Kubota trade in anyone done it? #4  
Yes, I have done it a FEW :D times. It's no different than trading a truck or car that you still owe money on. I have always traded with Barlows who gives me a fair price for what I'm trading in and sells me what I'm getting for a fair price. There has never been any of the raise his price to look like he's giving me more for my trade in like car dealers usually do.
The fact of the matter is the dealer buys your trade in themselves and has nothing to do with Kubota. The new tractor is (usually)owned by Kubota and the dealer is selling it and getting their cut for which they can reduce or increase their share to keep9profit).
Barlows sells a lot of tractors and some people believe they are saving a ton of money by buying used. Barlows needs good used tractors to sell to those who want only used tractor.
I traded in a B2320 with maybe 20 hours and I traded in a B3200 with maybe 70 hours and one time traded in a L3240 with maybe 40 hours and the BX2350 with less than 40 hours. I'm in the process of trading in a F2680e with 115 hours.
If your needs change (sell/buy land or other reasons) to keep the wrong machine sort of defeats the purpose of buying the machine to start with, buying a machine to help you do jobs. When needs change then the machine probably needs to be changed if different implements won't fulfill the new needs.
Are you going to lose money? Only you know what your health, job needs, peace of mind and financial resources are. What's money for besides buying "stuff" if you have enough after supporting your family and charitable giving? I decided years ago that a car/truck costs so much per month to own/lease one that is newer and dependable. As long as I can keep one for that monthly amount (which I can afford) then I'll do it. When I started buying Kubotas 10 years ago I found out that the same financial principles apply. I want what will do my jobs, be dependale and that I can afford and am willing to pay a specific price per month to have it. In time I'll eventually have some paid off Kubotas and they will still be running good and performing the jobs I have at the time and I'll not trade them for awhile. Did I lose money for having a machine that is paid off and still worth quite a bit of money and maybe less injuries because I had equipment to help save my body and even time which is sort of running in the less available than the more available column now at my age?
A friend at Church Sunday told me he'd rather have $40,000 in cash than a car.:eek: Well, I guess many of you know my response to that statement.:D :laughing: :cool2:

/ Kubota trade in anyone done it? #5  
I have a one year old B3200 W/loader, belly mower, filled tires

financed through Kubota.

I wanted a bigger tractor, but that was what I could afford. Then I go to work to find out that they got a L3940 for same price, with government discount. So I have had a chance to use both.

I need the L3940 !!!

So to get to my question, has anyone ever traded up thier Kubota while financed?

How was Kubota to deal with while doing it.

ANy suggestions info I am open to them, and if anyone wants to know why I prefer the L3940 ask away.

Before signing on the dotted line, research the GOVERNMENT sales. I don't know about Kubota, but most manufactures require the sale actually be to a governmental entity, Federal, State or Local and provide a tax number at the time of purchase. They also limit warranty, sometimes less than half. Most Federal, State and local gevernments also have rules that prohibit an employee making purchases using the entity as a bargaining power or use the entitys name to obtain a discount.

/ Kubota trade in anyone done it?
I bought this tractor from Barlows.

Looking at the Kubota wesite, I do not see the L3940 available anymore. But after driving the one at work, I get depressed when I get on mine. They are not that differant, but all the little things that aggravate me about the B3200 are not on the L3940.

It is stil small enough that the wife can mow with it, (she now loves having a small tractor, and calls it hers), and it will handle the work around the 5 acre farm.

Thanks for the info, I will make some calls tomorrow.

/ Kubota trade in anyone done it? #7  
A friend at Church Sunday told me he'd rather have $40,000 in cash than a car.:eek: Well, I guess many of you know my response to that statement.:D :laughing: :cool2:

Well your response all depends on; Were you being asked like I was one time to drive one hundred miles one way to pick up a neighbors son coming in at an airport because the son could get a cheaper rate to that airport and my vehicle was new, and large. Theirs was five year old and a economy model with a small interior and trunk room. Oh' the in the bank amount was different. In my case it was, $100,000 in the Bank is better than a large new car. I don't think it takes too much thought to come up with my response.

/ Kubota trade in anyone done it? #8  
I bought this tractor from Barlows.

Looking at the Kubota wesite, I do not see the L3940 available anymore. But after driving the one at work, I get depressed when I get on mine. They are not that differant, but all the little things that aggravate me about the B3200 are not on the L3940.

It is stil small enough that the wife can mow with it, (she now loves having a small tractor, and calls it hers), and it will handle the work around the 5 acre farm.

Thanks for the info, I will make some calls tomorrow.

The L3940 is still on the site, look under Grand L 40

David Kb7uns

/ Kubota trade in anyone done it?
I will not qualify for governemnt rate myself.

I found the 3940 on the website, ty.

Hard to believe that they got that much off !!!

40 + for 3940 vs 23 for 3200

not sure that i can swing an additional 17 k, but man I love that tractor.

FYI some of the things I wish the 3200 had
little bigger
tilt wheel
rocker HST pedal
throttle link to HST pedal
pedal set up

on the 3200 the way the HST pedal and brakes are set up, you can not do a brake turn, because it is nearly impossible to press the forward pedal and the left or right brake pedal. Also the seat to wheel position is off. and you have to set the throttle

/ Kubota trade in anyone done it? #10  
I traded my RTV500 for an RTV1100 The dealer was more than fair on the whole deal...Better than I expected to be honest.