Cub Cadet LT1050 Transmission Problem

/ Cub Cadet LT1050 Transmission Problem #1  

rmarkables

Tractor
Cub Cadet LT 1050
Hi,

My Cub Cadet LT1050 broke the transmission drive belt broke. Upon replacement, the gas pedal works in reverse. When you press the forward pedal, it goes in reverse (at full speed), and when you press the reverse pedal it goes forward (at half speed).

I have double and triple checked the belt path and it is installed correctly.

Anybody have any ideas on what is going on?

Thanks
Mark

/ Cub Cadet LT1050 Transmission Problem #2  
If you replaced the drive belt yourself, you may have inadvertently re-hooked/re-adjusted some of the hydro control linkage incorrectly? Prolly the best bet is to obtain your tractor's full model and serial number off the ID decal found in the cavity under your tilting seat - go to the MTD manual website and see if you can d/l a free copy of the LT1000-1500 service manual which will provide detail instructions and pictures of how to correctly assemble/test the hydro controls. Or, contact yer CC dealer.
Now, another tip-off as to whether that drive belt is routed correctly is to CAREFULLY watch to see if the hydro cooling fan is turning in the correct direction - gotta be blowing down, right?....remove deck, use a good bright trouble light or such...

/ Cub Cadet LT1050 Transmission Problem
Hi rcbe,

Thanks for the reply. I did not touch any linkages and my took my Model and S/N to the dealer to get the right belt. He also gave me the belt routing information from the manual (Thanks for the tip on the free complete manual). The only thing I disassembled, other than taking the deck off, is the PTO clutch.

But I did not think to observe the fan. This is the second time I have had to change the belt, had no trouble the first time. I will study it some more this weekend.

Thanks

Mark