Kubota B2620 start problems

/ Kubota B2620 start problems #1  

tnorris

Tractor
Kubota, B2620 with loader and belly mower
I have a Kubota B2620 with 250 hours. It will not crank. Removed startersolonoid and had it tested by Pasco . Said starter and solonoid work fine. Reinstalled. Checked safety swithes by turning ignition on and without sitting on seat, pressed HST pedal back and forth and heard relay click. Same result when repeated with PTO lever. Get no sound when move range lever through H,N,M,L. Greatly appreciate any help.
tnorris

Last edited:
   / Kubota B2620 start problems #2  
can you make a jumper wire to go from "+" battery post on starter to switch/solenoid hook up on solenoid by doing this you will see if starter attempts to start by bypassing the switch ALWAYS MAKE SURE TRATCOR IS IN NEUTRAL WHen DOING THIS if it trys to start time to look at wiring problem possibly ignition switch or some type of relay have any questions just post them

/ Kubota B2620 start problems #3  
If the jumper wire methods works, also check for a blown fuse maybe?

/ Kubota B2620 start problems
Thanks to Mitch Becton and Country Guy. Your suggestions were very helpful in the diagnosis. I tried all sorts of things and finally hooked up my Marine deep cycle and she started right up. I had removed the battery that came with the tractor (250 hours) and put it on charge. It started charging at 2 amps (which means it wasn't very discharged. I let it charge over night and then reinstalled. No change. the glow light on the battery was green all along.

Thanks again,
tnorris

/ Kubota B2620 start problems #5  
I've had same issue with 12 year old B7500HST and the little 3 banger. Sometimes it'll start with the switch and sometimes it takes a screw driver across the terminals on the bendix. Its a tractor.... it needs to have an auxiliary starter button somewhere hidden out of the way of the kids for just such occasions. My Komatsu dozer has a no restart relay on top of the starter bendix which is supposed to keep one from shaving off the teeth on the ring gear. It quit starting. It's interconnected with the alternator somehow so I did some creative wiring and now it starts but doesn't generate.
I'll fix it correctly when I have a chance.