Post Hole Digger

/ Post Hole Digger #1  

Soggy Bottom Outdoors

Gold Member
Tractor
2013 john deere 5075E and others
I bought a Farm Star PHD new and planed on using it on a 8N. To do so I needed to shorten/cut the pto shaft to give it a full range of motion. Well I traded the 8N to a MF and now the shaft is to short in the raised position. Where can I find a short peice of shaft tubing, a foot or so, to lengthen it back out. It's the "triangle" style which is called something else because a internet search came up blank. I thought I saw some at TSC/Orscheln but the last couple times I've checked they had none. Don't need a complete shaft half, just some tubing.

/ Post Hole Digger #2  
Check the local tractor dealer. In most cases, they will carry the replacement tubing.

/ Post Hole Digger #5  
Soggy Bottom Outdoors said:
I bought a Farm Star PHD new and planed on using it on a 8N. To do so I needed to shorten/cut the pto shaft to give it a full range of motion. Well I traded the 8N to a MF and now the shaft is to short in the raised position. Where can I find a short peice of shaft tubing, a foot or so, to lengthen it back out. It's the "triangle" style which is called something else because a internet search came up blank. I thought I saw some at TSC/Orscheln but the last couple times I've checked they had none. Don't need a complete shaft half, just some tubing.

Is there any way that you could keep and use the long auger? I bet you could find a way to work around the length issue and be glad that you have the extra length.

/ Post Hole Digger #6  
This being an older thread I was just wondering if the problem had been resolved ??
my thought was a welding shop could add to the solid shaft instead of the tubing ??
just my 2 cents.
Mike