Lamborghini C603 engine install

/ Lamborghini C603 engine install #1  

smb

Tractor
labborghini c603
Been awhile since I have posted. I put this thread on the repair forum but thought I should post it here too. Just had my C603 crawler engine overhauled. It spun a rod bearing in the field. 3 cylinder air-cooled diesel, weighs about 850 lbs at least. And its finally ready to be reinstalled. It was a bear to remove it since the pilot bearing stuck to the spline shaft. I plan to use a pallet jack to support the engine on the way back in since my engine hoist legs do not fit between the tracks. This is the first time for me to reinstall an engine in any tractor. Any sage advice or tips regarding how best to do this? What should I watch out for? Thanks

/ Lamborghini C603 engine install #2  
At 850 lbs, a pallet jack is a decent choice if you are on the flat. You might want a couple of long bars handy to make final adjustments to the engine. The key is to simply keep everything straight and as true as possible. Have all of your bell housing bolts handy and have someone on the jack in case it leaks down. Once coupled, you want to prevent the engine from drifting downward. Bolted up, it's not an issue, but drifting engines are hard on the transmission shafts. You want a nice tight coupling to snug the bolts up and leaking hydraulics will appear with a 850 lb load. Let us know how it works out.