Mahindra cars are coming

/ Mahindra cars are coming #1  

kootch88

Platinum Member
Tractor
2012 Mahindra Max 22, JD Stx38, JD Stx46
I was talking with my dealer today when he dropped by my office to do some business and he was saying Mahindra cars are coming to the USA. When he was in India recently he said that is the word he is getting, so he is pretty excited for the future of Mahindra both as a tractor company and as an Auto company.

I've seen some of the cars online and they don't seem to be the most fashionable at this point, but we have all seen how imports approach the US market and how well they adapt.

/ Mahindra cars are coming #3  
We've had Mahindra pick up's here (Australia) for years, there's never been more than a hand full sold every year to those discerning few who value price, poor build quality & an ancient lethargic Mazda designed/Indian built c.2.5 litre diesel over quality, performance & safety in their vehicle........makes the Chinese Great Walls & Fotons seem by comparison "BMW's"....

There's no doubt though the Indian conglomerates are cashed up & could develop the own brands to more than adequately compete globally if they so choose.......
To date they've elected to go down the acquistion path of purchasing & improving recognised brands, rather than incurr significant costs establishing their own vehicle brands in new developed markets .......for example Tata (to an extent) bailed out Ford from it's financial woes & PAG debacle in2007/8, through purchasing Range Rover, Land Rover & Jaguar & then taking these brands in a very short time to record sales/profitability/quality.........Mahindra also has the capabilty/resources to enable a similar turnaround with Aston Martin should Mahindra finalise aspirations for a controlling interest in this brand.

Last edited:
   / Mahindra cars are coming #4  
Mahindra just bought controling intrest in Aston Martin

/ Mahindra cars are coming #6  
I can't wait to see if they come with ' Owner's Club ' hats .......... [ :) ]

/ Mahindra cars are coming #7  
Pretty kewl, but I just cant justify buying a new vehicle when there are so many good used ones out there.....I can justify a new tractor......Just saying.