New Holland TC35D Hydraulics won't work

/ New Holland TC35D Hydraulics won't work #1  

CoveyBruce

Tractor
New Holland TC35D 2001
Hi All,
I have a New Holland TC35D tractor with a 16LA front loader that the hydraulics will not work on. I was doing some clearing with it and by the end of the day the hydraulics started to get a little bumpy and the next morning they didn't work at all. So I took the pump apart didn't see anything unusual so put it back together, but when I started it up it and had it on full throttle the hydraulics started to barely work like every 20 seconds or so it would move some. So I let it sit another night and the next morning it wouldn't move again took apart the pump and it did the some thing. (The 3-point is also doing it)
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Bruce

/ New Holland TC35D Hydraulics won't work #2  
Have you checked the hyd filters and screens.

Check fluid level.

/ New Holland TC35D Hydraulics won't work
I ordered another filter it should come in a few days. I have heard about the screens but I have no idea where they are. It did not come with a manual.

By the way it has over 2000 hours on it.

Also the fluid was low so I added some.
Could there be air in the lines that could be causing this?

Bruce

/ New Holland TC35D Hydraulics won't work #5  
If you have any air in the lines and cyl, it will purge itself as you operate the lift and tilt, and 3pt.

Last edited:
I tried doing that by lifting it up and down and rotating the bucket several times but it didn't seem to do anything.

/ New Holland TC35D Hydraulics won't work #7  
If your HST transmission is working normally, you don't have a fluid starvation problem. However, on the inlet side of the pump (larger pipe), follow it back to under the right side operator platform foot rest. Look for a rubber "T" in the line. Make sure the "T" is in the right position and the clamps are tight. You could be sucking air at that point, but frankly, your HST should also be a bit irregular if you have air leaking there. The "T" is a split in the suction line coming from the hydraulic reservoir. It supplies fluid to the HST and also to the Main hydraulic pump. Another thing that could be happening is the relief valve could be stuck open. If you follow the small line out of the pump on the bottom, it goes back to a block. That is the diverter and system relief valve. On the bottom of the valve is a hex-head nut that is the cover for the relief valve. You might check to see if the relief valve is gummed up.

BTW: How long did you run your pump when it was fluid starved? The pump relies on fluid for cooling and lubrication. Running for long periods without fluid may cause pump overheating and damage.

The final thing to check is the power beyond plug in the joystick valve. Normally, if this valve is missing, the loader works, but not the 3PH or remote hydraulics. If you remove the joystick boot and plastic cover, on top of the valve is a large hex nut cover. Under that cover is the power beyond plug and it may be backed out and loose under the cover. It is a hex socket head plug and easily screwed back into place.

One last thing. . . pull your engine dipstick. Make sure your engine oil level is normal. When the main hyd. pump blows its seals, it fills the engine with hydraulic fluid. I also suggest you post questions like this in the specific New Holland forums since you will find more expertise there for your specific equipment. Here is fine, but there you may get quicker and more expert advice.:)

jinman,
Yes the HST is working normally nothing irregular about it. I'll check the relief valve and power beyond plug.
The engine oil is at the correct level.

I ran it for maybe 15 mins max but that was split up over several different times.

I'll probably post on a New Holland site too.
Thanks

Ok, I checked the rubber T and tightened the clamps, but it didn't seem like it was loose.

The relief valve was clean wasn't gummed up or anything. But when I started it up after the plug was out no fluid came out just a little trickle. What does this mean?

And the power beyond plug was tight.

/ New Holland TC35D Hydraulics won't work #10  
CoveyBruce ,

Can you verify the pump is turning. Maybe twisted the shaft off.