Backhoe That didn't take long

/ That didn't take long #1  

beckmurph

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota LX2610 TLB
:( Or BH77 problems
I changed the oil, filter and the HST and Hydraulic filters on Monday. I have 52 hrs on the B3200.
After I got everything squard away and cleaned up my mess everything was ok.
On Tuesday I checked all the fluid levels and all was well.
I then noticed that the BH boom was not latched in placed for storage. I use the latch when stored or traveling around the area that I am working, to take the pressure off the boom cylinder.
I found that the boom cylinder would not fully retract to latch the bh in place. 2012-12-09_11-40-28_655.jpg As you can see, the latch does not catch the pin.
My first thoughts were: there is air in this cylinder. Worked everything to get the air out. Didn't help.
I discovered that I could take a 6' pry bar and lift the bucket and boom enough to get the latch to catch the pin.
So today I took the B3200 and extended the Bh boom, dipper and bucket in all directions. Hoping that there was air trapped in the cylinder. Didn't help.
Then I streched the boom, dipper, and bucket out and layed it out as flat as possible. I used the boom to put pressure on the different cylinders eyes and pins.
I found movement in the lower eye and pin of the boom cylinder.
It could be the cylinder eye, or it could be the pin.
I have worked the bh a lot in the last several weeks digging gravel out of my cousins creek, and fill dirt out of my property.2012-11-16_17-27-00_290.jpg2012-11-16_17-26-29_373.jpg
I have been working on putting driveways into our properties.2012-12-02_17-14-49_370.jpg

/ That didn't take long #2  
I had same issue same hoe recall on valves call ur dealer

/ That didn't take long #3  
I had mine fixed 3 times finally 4 time they found out it was a recall

/ That didn't take long
I had talked to the dealer Friday, and he said he would need to see it. So I will have to take it to the shop this week and let the dealer fix it.

/ That didn't take long
Well, turns out the brass bushing in the eye of the cylinder failed. There should be two bushings, but the mechanic only found one. The second bushing was not installed from the factory. So, two bushings and new pin on order.:D

/ That didn't take long #6  
Glad it was a simple fix for you. Under warranty I presume??

/ That didn't take long #7  
Good to hear. I was about to say - use the warranty....

...and then put more fill over your culvert as it is too close to the surface....

/ That didn't take long
Yes it is covered under warranty.
And yes I need more cover on the culverts. I may have to lower the one culvert. I thought we could just drop the upper culvert in the ditch, and it would be good to cover. But, that doesn't look to be so.:D