Oil & Fuel Cub Cadet 7265 will not start at below 60 degrees

/ Cub Cadet 7265 will not start at below 60 degrees #1  

sommeral

Tractor
Cub Cadet Model 7265
:confused: My Cub Cadet doesn't start at any temperature below 60 degrees. I try by waiting until the glow plug light goes off and repeat three time and then try to start it. I can see unburnt diesel fuel coming through the exhaust, but not even an indication of trying to start.

/ Cub Cadet 7265 will not start at below 60 degrees #2  
Sounds like you may have air in your fuel lines.

/ Cub Cadet 7265 will not start at below 60 degrees #3  
sounds like glow plugs are bad. they willstill cycle if they're not heating. when replacing be sure to check the timer module to be sure they aren't continuing to cycle after the engine has been running, they will burn out agin pretty quick if they are.

/ Cub Cadet 7265 will not start at below 60 degrees #4  
MFRED I think is holding the right answer. You should be able to make sure that they are getting power with a volt/ohm meter. After the tractor is running, put the volt/ohm meter on them again to make sure that they aren't still getting continuous power. Hopefully it's just the plugs.

/ Cub Cadet 7265 will not start at below 60 degrees #5  
The glowplugs are easy to change too. They're all nice in a row with a metal bar connecting them together to supply power. My 7265 would do the same thing in even slightly chilly weather. My glowplug controller was the first thing replaced a few years ago as it would not cycle at all. I hear that they are common to fail or stay on too long so also check as advised above.

/ Cub Cadet 7265 will not start at below 60 degrees #6  
I had a Cub 7265 until this Thanksgiving and I`ll tell you that thing ALWAYS needed glow plugs and or a g.p. controller. And at $44 a piece for plugs and $65 for the controller every few months and no way to cross reference them. I got sick of it not starting when I really needed it (usually after a snow storm) I traded it in on a new tractor. Sounds petty but there was really no way to remedy the problem because it was obviously a design flaw. Good luck hope yours isn`t so problematic and pray my new one isn`t either.Mike

/ Cub Cadet 7265 will not start at below 60 degrees #7  
Have you tried a block heater? That can make a world of difference

/ Cub Cadet 7265 will not start at below 60 degrees #8  
Not sure but some Cub Cadets are the same as Mahindra and have the same Mitsubishi 3 cyl. diesel. I have a Mahindra 2615HST that eats glow plugs about every 100 hours. My 3rd set has now failed (the original set plus 2 sets I bought). Now at 425 hours and for the 4th set I just ordered an upgrade kit which includes new plugs, 10 second timer, and wire. I am told the upgrade kit glow plugs are 10V where the original ones are 8V with a 3 second timer. Apparently a lot of Mahindra customers had problems with glow plugs burning out or they wouldn't have offered an upgrade kit. The original timer supplies 12V to the 8V plugs for 3 seconds every time the key is turned on in cold weather which I think causes the failures.

First is to disconnect the wire that supplies power to the glow plugs and hook up a DC voltmeter to the wire (red to wire and black to ground) then turn on the key and read voltage. You should only have voltage as long as the glow plug light is on then it should go back to zero. If that checks out you need to check your glow plugs. With the still wire disconnected from the 1st plug, remove the buss bar that connects to all 3 plugs and use an ohmmeter between the top of the plug and engine ground or where it threads into the engine. No reading, there is an open circuit (bad plug), Zero ohms is a short (bad plug), They should read some resistance between the top and ground.

NGK makes the glow plugs for mine but they are only available from your Cub Cadet or Mahindra dealer. No one has a cross reference for them. The NGK name is on the plugs but the NGK website doesn't list them nor does NAPA.

Good luck

/ Cub Cadet 7265 will not start at below 60 degrees #9  
Well, My glow plug / timer kit came in yesterday (24th). I was up early this morning and figured I'd install them before the sun came up. Went out in the garage and replaced the plugs and the timer. Total time took about 1/2 hr. Everything worked fine. Turned the key and glow light came on for about 10 sec. then turned key to start and fired right up. Then I went out and plowed snow from last night. Past 3 days has been about 5-7" each day. Hope these ones last a long time.
Hope you find out what's causing your hard starting problem.

/ Cub Cadet 7265 will not start at below 60 degrees #10  
Well, My glow plug / timer kit came in yesterday (24th). I was up early this morning and figured I'd install them before the sun came up. Went out in the garage and replaced the plugs and the timer. Total time took about 1/2 hr. Everything worked fine. Turned the key and glow light came on for about 10 sec. then turned key to start and fired right up. Then I went out and plowed snow from last night. Past 3 days has been about 5-7" each day. Hope these ones last a long time.
Hope you find out what's causing your hard starting problem.

hello george2615 i was wondering how your glow plug/timer kit was working? Have you had to replace them since you installed them? I am having the same problem with my cub cadet 7265. I replaced them about 3 months ago and now they have burned out already. I saw that you installed that kit on your tractor so before i replace them i thought i would contact you first to see if you have had any problems since then. Thanks